Discussions > General Discussion

Cecil Fletcher in the Buffalo Bill Museum in LeCaire, Iowa

(1/1)

Falconer:
Happened to see a rare reference to what looks like a Hohner pre-Pokerwork on the show American Pickers on the History Channel. The episode is entitled "Hidden in Plane Sight", season 16 episode 9. Mike Wolf talks about an old friend who used to play him folk songs on a two row accordion that looks like a pre-Pokerwork I've seen before with the big fleur-de-lis in each corner on the face. Sott Bellinger showcases a similar model he calls the "Burl" on his channel at https://youtu.be/SfneNh-waZ0. That friend of Mike Wolf's was Cecil Fletcher and he visits his exhibit in the Buffalo Bill Museum in LeClaire, Iowa. See link below where the box can be seen in the display case. There is a much better view on the show. The finger board looks well worn. www.buffalobillmuseumleclaire.com/exhibits.html

hickory-wind:
I like those old Hohner burl models. Great era for Hohner reeds and the burl veneer looks nice. I've had 20 through the shop. Most have been GC with one AD. I've had one rows in C and G. I have a few in stock waiting for someone to request them.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version