Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bachenbülach accordion  (Read 855 times)

davidd

Bachenbülach accordion
« on: September 03, 2019, 10:21:41 PM »

So I just bought this Bachenbülach accordion for a project. (old Swiss button accordion w. 2 couplers in B "Bachenbülach" needs repair) on eBay.  I want to convert it to  a 3 voice MMM in BC.  I haven't got it yet but looking at the photos it looks as though I can put the reeds in the right places to effectively make it a 2 row 3 voice.  I though I could just use blocks of wood or perhaps aluminum to cover the spaces on the roadblocks where the helper row reeds are.  i would either just leave the helper row alone or make a new keyboard plate with two rows and remove the extra buttons/levers. 
After reading past discussions about this brand it sounded like the quality should be there to make it into a pretty nice box. 
It is in Ton B, I assume that is Bb/Eb.  Since they are Dix brand reeds is there anyone out there who would like to trade or buy these reeds?  They appear to be in decent shape going by the photos, obviously need the valves replaced.  I should have it in a couple of weeks so I will know more the, but wanted to get the trade or sell offer out there for consideration. Thanks,
David

Dave Praties

• Regular debater
Re: Bachenbülach accordion
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 03:45:37 PM »

Hello, I have a couple of Bachenbülach accordions. They are nicely made, if a bit heavy. The problem you will encounter if it is the same as mine, and you intend to replace the reeds, is that they are very close together, and the plates are slightly narrower than usual and may need some grinding down. I don't have any reeds to trade, but may be interested in buying your Bb/Eb set. Message me with a price perhaps? Cheers, Dave
Castagnari Mory D/G.  Saltarelle Bouebe D/G. Hohner Club 2 C/F. Bachenbulach Bb/Eb. Matzini C/F. Some of them even work.

richard.fleming

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 06:30:09 PM »

What is the attraction of converting as opposed to buying a BC box that's ready to go? I'm curious. It doesn't even sound like an easy conversion.
Old Paolo Sopranis in C#/D and D/D#

davidd

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »

I haven't  received it yet so I can't say for sure what the reeds are like. 
The reason I bought it was the price was pretty low and i had read about the build quality of these boxes.  I got it as a project to try my hand at fixing it up and if I can convert it to bc.  Worse case i am out a little money and whatever time I put into it.  Best case I may end up with a nice box to play.  We shall see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal