Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: injuries and technique  (Read 1388 times)

nfldbox

• Respected Sage
injuries and technique
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »

This is really a reply to a long dead thread that I found. When I developed a problem in my wrist I tried playing with thumb completely off the box as much as possible (I play Irish style, long strap, BC  on left knee). It isn't easy--and on some tunes impossible--but I think it actually improved my finger control as well as relieving my wrist.
BC Cairdin
BC Hohner Double Ray
Bouchard en RĂ©

stevejay

Re: injuries and technique
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »

Or you could get another melodeon.. this is one of the strongest reasons for try before you buy, one instrument could be perfect for one individual, and a CTS risk for another maybe.

george garside

Re: injuries and technique
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »

This is really a reply to a long dead thread that I found. When I developed a problem in my wrist I tried playing with thumb completely off the box as much as possible (I play Irish style, long strap, BC  on left knee). It isn't easy--and on some tunes impossible--but I think it actually improved my finger control as well as relieving my wrist.

two  padded shoulder straps would completely solve the problem as wrist is not having to push against keyboard to keep it still & thiumb can rest lightly on edge of keyboard just to locate hand in relation to keyboard. It doesn't matter whether you are playing Irish, English or mongolian music - it still works just as well

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal