Discussions > News and Events

Liskeard to Looe Folk Train

(1/2) > >>

JimmyM:
Hello Lovely people
If anyoned in Cornwall this weekend...
Whilst not 100% melodeon there will certainly be a good number of box players.... organised the Liskeard Slow & Easy Folk, primarily a 'slow & steady' type session

This Sunday is our 'Annual' Liskeard to Looe Folk Train when we ride the rails and play the 'choons🎵😎
 (Entirely unofficial and in no way connected to British Rail)

THE PLAN:
Meet at Liskeard Station on the Looe platform anytime from 11.10(ish) to catch the 11.25 train to Looe. the fare is around £5 return

Ride the train, play the tunes🎵🎻🎸

On arrival in Looe we'll walk through the town where 1000's of people will be waiting to see us! and we go to The Old Boat House cafe where we play more tunes and eat cake

There you go! simple!😎
the tunes are pretty much all from the Slow & Easy tunebook with the addition of 2 Cornish tunes
Bodmin Riding, Tregajorran Furry, The Sloe, The Kesh, Drops of Brandy, Ballydesmond 1&2, Miss McLeod's, Irish Washerwoman, Tenpenny Bit, Bear Dance/Horses Brawl, Speed The Plough, Winster Gallop, Harvest Home/ Off to California
So, there you go. I'm looking forward to this. One of my last musical events before I go to India -did I mention I'm going on holiday to India?😏
Hope to see y'all there
Jimmy

Graham Spencer:
Looks like an excellent way to spend a day - wish I could be there. Have a good one.
Graham

Squeaky Pete:
What a shame. Having spent the week in Cornwall and spent yesterday in Looe, we are going home today.
Still, the plus side is you don't have to put up with my playing.

JimmyM:

--- Quote from: Squeaky Pete on September 20, 2019, 07:54:38 AM ---What a shame. Having spent the week in Cornwall and spent yesterday in Looe, we are going home today.
Still, the plus side is you don't have to put up with my playing.

--- End quote ---

Ahh well, next time youre down this way....

you can put up with our playing  :||: :|||:

Alan Pittwood:

--- Quote from: JimmyM on September 18, 2019, 08:33:46 AM ---This Sunday is our 'Annual' Liskeard to Looe Folk Train when we ride the rails and play the 'choons🎵😎
 (Entirely unofficial and in no way connected to British Rail)
THE PLAN:
Meet at Liskeard Station on the Looe platform anytime from 11.10(ish) to catch the 11.25 train to Looe. the fare is around £5 return

--- End quote ---

I fear you may have missed it.  Didn't the last British Rail train depart in 1997?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version