Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the Saltarelle Marty  (Read 884 times)

Craig Gordon

What are your thoughts on the Saltarelle Marty
« on: September 20, 2019, 02:16:53 PM »

I came across the Saltarelle Marty in a listing and I didn't really know anything about it. I can't find much written/discussed about it either. I did find two video samples of it being played and it really seemed like it had a nice full sound. It seems to be comparable in size and weight to a Castagnari Laura and Sander. And with three voices on the right, with stops on both the right and left hand, it is a similar setup to the Castagnari Sander.

It appears to have a great sound, it's not overly large, three voices with stops built into it, and it's a fair bit cheaper than even a Castagnari Sander...yet I can't find anyone talking about it.

Does anyone here know anything about this instrument, good or bad? It seems a really nice option for a smaller, full-size box. I have, though, only heard two instances of it being played. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with info or experiences!
Beltuna Sara 3 G/C

Sal Rotondo

• Good talker
Re: What are your thoughts on the Saltarelle Marty
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 06:15:24 PM »

I have a Dino Baffetti Art 85 which is, I believe, the same box as the Marty.

The Baffetti sounds great and the price is reasonable.

You'll pay more for the Castignari but you get the best quality with that box.
Castagnari Mory, G/C and Dino Baffetti Art. 85 LCGB, G/C

Port Chester, New York USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal