Discussions > News and Events

Skye Accordion & Fiddle Club - Portree 7th November

(1/2) > >>

Peadar:
October to May Skye Accordion and Fiddle Club monthly event is 7.30pm- 11.00 pm first Thursday of the Month at the Royal Hotel Portree.
 If you want to give a tune, bring your melodeon,  volunteer at the door and (as I have now discovered) get in free. The evening opens with any members or visitors who have volunteered each playing a set, then the advertised guests play t till about 9.00.
After the interval complete with refreshments and raffle the format is the same again, finishing at 11.00

fishfeathersmacteeth:
Hi,

Looking forward to being a guest at Portree next April with the Strathmore Ceilidh Band.

Wid be braw tae meet up.  I'll be playing the Fiddle as a guest, but will bring a Melodeon as well if there's any chance ae a tune with it.

Cheers,
ftp://
Sandy Mathers

Peadar:
Hi,
If you can lower yersel to ma level for a tune or twa (before, after or during!) that would be great!
I'm also sure the club would be delighted if you wanted to volunteer a tune on the melodeon in among the local players at the beginning of either half.

richard.fleming:
It all sounds a bit formal. Do you ever get a proper session going Peadar?

Winston Smith:
Richard, it all depends on your particular definition of "proper session" doesn't it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version