Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shrewsbury folk festival 2020  (Read 1915 times)

george garside

shrewsbury folk festival 2020
« on: October 17, 2019, 12:11:05 AM »

early warning!  I will be running a progressive series of  DG workshops - improver to masterclass(ish) at shrewsbury folk festival , August Bank Holiday weekend 2020.  A great festival   (see festival website) . Tickets are released in 3 lots each of limited numbers  with a progressive price increase to encourage early booking. The first and cheapest will be released on 1 December 2019.

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

george garside

Re: shrewsbury folk festival 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:21 AM »

just bringing this up as a reminder that tickets for Shrewsbury  are sold in 3  lots  each lot increasing in price.  The first  limited lot go on sale at 9am on sunday 1st December  and usually sell out within a say or two.  The second and third lot are progressively more expensive.

For full info see festival website but price of tickets will not be available until 9 am on 1st December! 

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the organisation or running of thee festival other that providing a series of 5 progressive melodeon workshops

george

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 04:28:45 PM »

Ooh. Naragonia Quartet already listed on the line up.
MAD: Oakwood Baffetti Super II, Loffet Pro, Oakwood 3-voice, Castagnari Sander, Salterelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

Matt Quinn

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 03:24:07 PM »

Looking forward to Shrewsbury this year as I'll be playing my 1-row melodeon (Marc Savoy Cajun in D) for a contra with my new contra trio The Four Idiots on the Saturday. Hope to see some people there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQo3x34UQi8 - not the best sound quality but it's live...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmT2wMG-tA - from a rehearsal.

All the best,
Matt Q

David Summers

• Regular debater
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »

Looking forward to Shrewsbury this year as I'll be playing my 1-row melodeon (Marc Savoy Cajun in D) for a contra with my new contra trio The Four Idiots on the Saturday. Hope to see some people there.
Odd- I had you down as a Concertina player! But now turns out you do dance music as well (on the melodeon)!

Will you play with any of your other groups as well (at Shrewsbury)?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 11:23:17 AM by David Summers »

Matt Quinn

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »

Ah yes, I guess that in terms of how much work I have on each instrument, I would be accurate to describe me as a 'concertina player' these days.

I've been playing the melodeon for 12 years now but it only gets an airing for ceilidhs/contras as I get the most work at the moment playing the concertina (which i've been playing for almost 7 years).

Alas that's the only band of mine playing at Shrewsbury this year.
The very next morning (Sunday) I'll be zooming down the motorways to Towersey where I'll be playing my 1-row again AND a couple of 2-row boxes as well for the evening ceilidh with my loud rocky English ceilidh band The Discussion Topic.

george garside

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 11:10:03 PM »

photos of last years festival now on website along with updated list of performers.

george
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal