Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sessions in Victoria, B/C? Portland? Seattle? Sacramento?  (Read 1114 times)

David Colpitts

• Regular debater
Sessions in Victoria, B/C? Portland? Seattle? Sacramento?
« on: October 25, 2019, 01:58:30 AM »

Hello, all.

We are embarking upon a trip to British Columbia and the Pacific NW of USA.  Any friendly sessions in the towns listed in the subject line?  Saturday and Sunday in Victoria.

Thanks, and regards,

David

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
Re: Sessions in Victoria, B/C? Portland? Seattle? Sacramento?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »

Not Sacramento to my knowledge. There are, however, a couple of sessions nearer the Russian River area of Sonoma, CA -- one in Cotati and an occasional French session in Forestville. Plus if you make it to San Francisco, we're available to get together for some tunes (no organized sessions except for Irish ones, however).
MAD: Oakwood Baffetti Super II, Loffet Pro, Oakwood 3-voice, Castagnari Sander, Salterelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

tirpous

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 03:14:55 PM »

For Victoria and area, check http://www.victoriafolkmusic.ca/index.html .  It looks like they have a combination event (jam/open stage/show) each Sunday.

David Colpitts

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 01:31:01 PM »

Thanks, Tirpous and Joan.  We got back earlier this week, so didn’t get your suggestions ‘til after the trip.  I do appreciate your responses, and will check in advance next trip.  A pub in Sacramento actually invited me to come and play, but I only carried with me one harmonica, so was not prepared to “be” a session.

And, Joan, in the small ironies category, there used to be a French session in Forestville, CT.  Go figure!

Regards,

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal