- 19 (30.6%)
Derriere les Carreaux
- 23 (37.1%)
Evening Star / Martha's Comet
- 9 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: November 01, 2019, 06:24:00 AM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Tune of the Month for November 2019  (Read 4174 times)

Hugh Taylor

• Respected Sage
    • Band web site: http://www.tumblingtom.co.uk
Re: Poll: Tune of the Month for November 2019
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 11:53:20 AM »

This morning I found I was only able to vote for one choice, immediatly I made a second selection my first vote was removed and the dot transfered to my second choice
I'm obviously missing something here, but please remind me why anyone would want to vote for more than one choice if only one can be selected?

And while I'm on here, I know we may be about to leave the EU but why does the choice often have more foreign (usually French) tunes than English ones? Just asking.
Castagnari Mory D/G, Castagnari Tommy D/G, Saltarelle C/F, Hohner Erika A/D
Tumbling Tom Band

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »

This morning I found I was only able to vote for one choice, immediatly I made a second selection my first vote was removed and the dot transfered to my second choice
I'm obviously missing something here, but please remind me why anyone would want to vote for more than one choice if only one can be selected?

To enable strategic voting   >:E

And while I'm on here, I know we may be about to leave the EU but why does the choice often have more foreign (usually French) tunes than English ones? Just asking.

As it happens, I was just looking at an old thread complaining that TOTM was biased towards English tunes  ;D
I think the mix is pretty egalitarian.
Mind you, the English Border Morris repertoire does contain a lot of French tunes masquerading as English ones. Time permitting I might post some for this month's theme.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Alan Morley

• Alan Morley
    • UK Folk Music
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 01:56:57 PM »

The video example for Plant'un Cao seems to have a few blooper in it...

Here's a better version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djGD5FlQkh8
ISIS Melodeon, Hohner Erica,  Fender Strat Plus, Takamine, Hofner Violin Bass, Hohner CX12 Harmonica, etc.... Website: https://folk-music.uk

Fred

• G/C Pariselle, D/G Loffet & maybe too many Hohners
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 11:18:51 PM »

As it happens, I was just looking at an old thread complaining that TOTM was biased towards English tunes  ;D
Mind you, the English Border Morris repertoire does contain a lot of French tunes masquerading as English ones. Time permitting I might post some for this month's theme.

And what about German tunes? And Finnish tunes? And Italian tunes?

Comes time, comes diversity.

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 11:50:09 PM »

And what about German tunes? And Finnish tunes? And Italian tunes?

Comes time, comes diversity.

That's what I said, egalitarian: All people [and their tunes] are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Little Eggy

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 02:47:42 PM »

Please keep Melnet a peaceful haven free of any matter even remotely connected to national politics/ referendum/ independence campaigns.

Fred

• G/C Pariselle, D/G Loffet & maybe too many Hohners
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 08:41:15 PM »

If "Hunt the Squirrel" wins, I'll definitely try to recreate this inspirational version on melodeon. Bound to fail or is our instrument really as versatile as we think it is? We'll see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uok8fcJZ2s4

David Summers

• Regular debater
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 10:02:37 AM »

If "Hunt the Squirrel" wins, I'll definitely try to recreate this inspirational version on melodeon. Bound to fail or is our instrument really as versatile as we think it is? We'll see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uok8fcJZ2s4
I like Andy Cutting version, if only for his factial expressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s4QCZVBhQo
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:18:04 PM by Clive Williams »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal