Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lonely Melodeonist seeking fellow squeeze-boxers in Central Pennsylvania  (Read 3655 times)

Blake

• Regular debater
Re: Lonely Melodeonist seeking fellow squeeze-boxers in Central Pennsylvania
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 01:15:10 PM »

I think that's why conductors live so long, it's 3 hours of tai chi a day. There was an old conductor I first worked with called Antal Dorati (going back a bit). His wife was sitting in a rehearsal with the bass trombonist's wife. Mrs Dorati said that her husband wakes up stiff and sore every morning, does a 3 hour rehearsal, and comes home full of energy. Harry Spain's wife (wife of the trombonist) said: 'that's odd, my husband wakes up every day full of the joys of spring, comes to work to play for your husband and comes back a ruined husk of a man.' That was my first professional gig. Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, American in Paris. Must be 36 years ago.
That's a great recollection. I bet that could be studied. I know one long-time band director. He's retired, of course, but is very sharp at 96.
Castagnari Benny GC#, Mory DG#, Geordy GC, Mignon C
Cajun Custom in C by L'Anse Grise
Hohner Pokerwork GC and DG
Morse Baritone English Concertina, and some busted up Wheatstone trebles I need to work over.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal