Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lilly Issue With Bellows Strap  (Read 540 times)

Larry Powers

• Good talker
  • Bouchard 10+4 in D, Lilly D/C#
Lilly Issue With Bellows Strap
« on: January 21, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »

I have just taken possession of a new Lilly and I am having an issue with one of the bellows straps.  When I move the strap it is loosening and tightening the screw that holds it in place.  It is very difficult to move the snap off of the bellows before the screw tightens and the strap then bends.  It seems to be working like a ratchet and moving more in the direction that tightens it so even if I back the screw out a little it quickly becomes a problem again. 

My first question is am I dealing with a wood screw or a nut and bolt?  If it is a wood screw what is the best way to set it in place so that it can  be removed in the future?  If it is a nut and bolt then I will take it back to the shop where I bought it and let them deal with it rather then opening up a new box and possibly voiding my warranty.

Thanks.

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
Re: Lilly Issue With Bellows Strap
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 08:25:12 PM »

I don't have a Lilly in stock but I'm fairly sure that it is a nut and bolt. I could advise you how to fix it but it would involve taking the instrument apart which might invalidate the guarantee. Back to the shop is probably best.
Then again it might be a wood screw. Someone will be along soon to confirm one way or another.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Larry Powers

• Good talker
  • Bouchard 10+4 in D, Lilly D/C#
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 09:01:14 PM »

I am afraid to try and remove it on the assumption it is a wood scew.  I have done that on my other box and then heard the bolt on the inside tumble into the box.  Thanks.

Graham Wood

• Regular debater
  • Old Fumble Fingers
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 09:48:46 PM »

It's probably a threaded round headed bolt with an anchor nut inside the box. I would back off the bolt with a Phillips screwdriver and then hold the bolt head in place with the screwdriver whilst moving the strap from side to side so that there is no stiction between the bolt head and the metal strap mounting. It sounds like the strap mounting is sticking to the bolt head through varnish or something. Break the stiction and it should move freely without turning the bolt head.
Graham Wood - Third Planet from The Sun
Hohner Morgane B/C,   Junior Martin 1 Row in 'D' with knobs on top,   Acadian 1 Row in 'C' with more knobs on top.

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 01:51:55 PM »

If you are having a problem and it is a new box or pre owned contact the retailer that you bought it from,its up to them to sort it out for you.
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal