Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saltarelle Aether  (Read 1291 times)

jonm

• Regular debater
Saltarelle Aether
« on: January 24, 2020, 09:46:17 AM »

Has anyone tried one of these? I played a Nuage recently and really liked it. This appears to be the same reeds, in a smaller box, with less versatility of reed choices but about 25% lighter.
Castagnari Mory and Giordy D/G, Hohner Erica, four-stop in G, two-stop in G

odonovanchris

• Regular debater
Re: Saltarelle Aether
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 03:08:16 AM »

I'm also curious about this. I was doing quite a bit of research and think the Aether II might be a really nice box. Light and fast. Now I just need to find a dealer so I can try one out!
Many Paolo Sopranis, many Hohners, little space left.

Michael Driscoll

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 04:44:48 AM »

Any update in the pipeline about Saltarelle models generally? There was a very comprehensive thread several years ago following upon Vincent Roux’s history piece, but it seemed to fizzle out.I have just acquired an L’Elphique & an Irish Bouebe both used, so would be interested in identifying these.  I hope this is not moving too far away from the Aether topic. I see another recent enquiry about a Marty, so there does still seem to be a problem in getting information. Obviously, I can ask Saltarelle but it may well be that someone has already continued to research the models.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:55:16 AM by Michael Driscoll »

Prestidigitator

• Respected Sage
  • Saltarelle, Hohner, Oakwood Baffetti
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »

I'm also curious about this. I was doing quite a bit of research and think the Aether II might be a really nice box. Light and fast. Now I just need to find a dealer so I can try one out!

Eagle Music in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (from whom I bought my L'Elfique in 2011) list it.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:51:55 AM »

I also looked at this model, although as there were few around and no second-hand ones I dismissed it.  I'm very wary of shiny new Saltarelles due to the famous variable build quality and would only really consider a used and preferably older model.  I've been lucky enough to encounter two lovely second-hand Nuages (why did I ever sell the first one?) without having to go looking and was recently lucky enough to get first refusal on Ed Rennie's fabulous old Pastourelle II when he was looking to move it on.

Current dilemma is, do I really *need* a Nuage and a Pastourelle II?
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Guy

• Not quite enough melodeons....
    • Cats Claw
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 11:36:57 PM »

Current dilemma is, do I really *need* a Nuage and a Pastourelle II?

Of course you don’t need both. I have a “friend” who needs a Pastourelle....I could be persuaded to put you in touch...

Cheers,
Guy
Guy, in South Wales

Cats Claw, http://www.cats-claw.co.uk

rileycat

• Respected Sage
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 08:28:04 PM »

I have a Nuage, which was fitted (possibly after manufacture?) with Binci professional reeds, and it is and has been, for many years, my D/G box of choice for stand-up band and song stuff.  No issue with weight on one strap playing (I'm not terribly strong) as it plays so well.  I sold my Model 7 3 voice Oakwood as the Nuage was better all round and it came out best for me over a new DB Binci 3 on a back-to-back playing test as well. So what all this dribble says is, get a good Nuage and they take some equalling, but do try before you buy IMHO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal