Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bellingers Button Boxes 2-day restoration & tuning workshop NY USA June 2020  (Read 1091 times)

hickory-wind

• Lives in NY USA near the Erie Canal
    • Bellingers' Button Boxes

Bellingers Button Boxes is offering another workshop on accordion restoration and tuning this June. We have provided 3 workshops prior with participants from Ohio, West Virginia, California, New York and Ottawa Canada. We will follow the same basic format with modifications based on feedback we received. The first day is focused on diagnostics and repairs. We cover tuning on the second day and end with a solid block of hands-on personal project time. Beyond instruction each student will get 30 minutes one-on-one with me for help and/or advice on any accordion subject or specific project desired. Topics will include:

Reed work:
valve replacement
reed problem diagnostics
tuning
tuning strategies & recipes
reed gap setting
rewaxing
reed block flattening & repairs

Case repairs:
gluing joints
glue selection
fixing cracks
leak detection & elimination
repadding pallets
aligning button heights
button travel limiting (Hohners)
keyboard repairs
minor bellows repairs
sticking buttons
button replacement
straps & bracket installation

Other topics can be added (or some eliminated) based on the interests of the participants. General format will be a discussion and demonstration by me or my daughter Emily followed by hands-on activities for each participant. I can provide practice instruments but attendees are encouraged to bring your own instruments for repair, tuning and improvements.

There will be morning (9-noon) and afternoon (2-5:00) sessions with a break for lunch (included). A homemade gourmet dinner will also be provided both days. There will be opportunity to play music and try out instruments after dinner up in the renovated barn loft concert space. Due to space limitations, the workshop will be limited to 5 or 6 participants.

Possible dates for the two-day workshop:

June 1,2,3,4,5,6
June 15,16,17,18,19,20
June 22,23,24,25,26,27

Cost will be $320 including lunch and dinner meals both days. There will be a modest reduction for returning students. Attendees will go home with a new tool such as reed pinger or magnetic reed lifter, a list of common materials and tools and a BBB T-shirt.

If you are traveling a distance there are numerous lodging options in the area including bed & breakfast spots, motels and hotels. We live in Spencerport NY 14559. The Rochester airport (ROC) is 15 minutes away and the Buffalo airport is less than an hour. Toronto is less than 3 hour drive. If you are driving we are easy to get to off of the NY Thruway, Interstate 90.

If this appeals to you please respond with level of interest & available dates.

scottbellinger@hotmail.com

Scott Bellinger

BellingersButtonboxes.com
too many boxes...please buy one, or two, or

hickory-wind

• Lives in NY USA near the Erie Canal
    • Bellingers' Button Boxes

This workshop (full) has now been postponed until late July or early August.

Scott
too many boxes...please buy one, or two, or

Grape Ape

Oh Scott, I hope even the new proposed dates will work. The way things are being “handled,” I am not so sure.  I would love to attend again some day. The food alone is worth it. The gained knowledge about the inner workings of the squeezebox is an added bonus.  Hope you and your very gracious family are doing well and staying healthy.

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal