Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on Dino Baffeti Pearl III?  (Read 1005 times)

Chris Harris

• The Bush Inn, A Proper Pub!
Opinions on Dino Baffeti Pearl III?
« on: August 05, 2020, 04:04:06 PM »

Is there someone on here who knows if the Dino Baffeti Pearl III is a nice intrument to play with a good sound, or has any other comments?  Thanks
I now have a 4th button start Dino Baffetti Black Pearl III, awaiting modification to Anahata layout. I have a 23 button D/G with fourth button start that apart from no badge, looks like a Sandpiper Dunlin III, already converted to Anahata layout.
I was looking for a G/C box because I like French tunes and I was tempted by an almost new Hohner Pokerwork for 500 euros at a large music store in Normandy. However I saw a Lorenzy on Facebook Marketplace and I spent a lovely morning driving into Swiss Normandy and Bought it. I love it, it was cheap (392 euros new), out of tune (from new I think) but lovely to play!

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Opinions on Dino Baffeti Pearl III?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »

As with most decent quality boxes it depends what you want.  It's a reasonably light and compact box for a three voice and is popular with Morris players because it's capable of plenty of volume (though the two voice version is probably better in that respect).   It has a loud bass end, and because its compact size it can take a bit more care with air management.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

JD

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:27:49 PM »

I have played a BPIII mainly for north west  Morris since 1994. I would agree with Theo that it's a very good box for this. My biggest criticism would be that the air valve isn't as big as I would like. Most of the time it's not a problem, just a few tunes have issues where I can play them easily on other boxes. My two penn'orth.

Gena Crisman

• 🇬🇧
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 07:53:59 PM »

If you're looking to buy one, it's worth considering as well that the age of a given instrument can determine some of its design features, as they're not all made exactly alike. Typically things like how the bass reed blocks are set up, the bass grill type, air button design & if there's a 3rds stop.

Additionally, the Black Pearl 3 and the Carnival 3 (the plain wood looking version of basically the same instrument) do have some design differences between them - trying them both side by side, I found I preferred the squarer bass end of the carnival. I'd probably be playing a Carnival 3 today, if not for my current instrument: the new one I played a couple years back impressed me quite a lot.

Steve Morrison

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 01:34:35 PM »

Hi Chris,

I have one in stock at Red Cow Music. Thank you Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal