Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Erica models clarification needed.  (Read 6333 times)

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
Re: Hohner Erica models clarification needed.
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2020, 12:14:38 PM »

[quote author=Winston Smith link=Also, one of  them looked (in playing) as if the treble end blocks were in upside down! Is that at all likely?
[/quote

Winston, .. it is my understanding that many South American players remove the bass reeds for lightness and speed, and simply use the bass buttons as extra airkeys, this may be what you saw on the video.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:07:11 PM by Henry Piper »
From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,

Vallenato831

• Regular debater
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2020, 12:01:42 AM »

Is it acceptable to sidetrack this thread for just a moment?
After experiencing these two genres last night for the first time, I just would like to ask if the boxes in question have the same basic tuning as our UK boxes would have? It sounded as if they not only had no L voice, but that they could well be voiced MHH for the 3 voice boxes. Also, one of  them looked (in playing) as if the treble end blocks were in upside down! Is that at all likely?
Sorry if I've upset anyone, but it seemed the most appropriate thread in which to ask these dummy questions.

Good ear.  In Vallenato MMM as well as MMH MMH tuned boxes are used. 
Corona III x8

RustyReedz

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2020, 04:26:58 AM »

Winston, .. it is my understanding that many South American players remove the bass reeds for lightness and speed, and simply use the bass buttons as extra airkeys, this may be what you saw on the video.

Hmm.. I doubt that’s what he’s talking about, South Americans never remove the bass reeds (assuming that what they were playing was actually Vallenato and Merengue Tipico).

RustyReedz

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2021, 07:49:20 AM »

Waste of a perfectly good club!

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but it turns out that they’ve been taking the reeds out of old piano accordions, not club boxes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal