Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cancellation of the Loose Knit Band Reunion at Sidmouth  (Read 562 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Cancellation of the Loose Knit Band Reunion at Sidmouth
« on: March 13, 2020, 03:55:39 PM »

I have just sent out the following message to the email group for the Loose Knit Band sessions at Sidmouth. Several members of melnet usually attend this event, which is why I am copying the message here. Please spread the message in case there are people who were intending to attend who are not on our email list and not melnetters.

"It is with very great reluctance and sadness that Martin Hughes and I have decided to cancel the Loose Knit Band Reunion next weekend at Sidmouth Rugby Club. Having discussed the coronavirus situation over the last couple of days and consulted with Sarah Nunn on behalf of the Rugby Club, we have come to the conclusion, in view of the rapidly escalating seriousness of the epidemic and the predictions of what is likely to occur in the next ten days, that the responsible decision would be to cancel.

The age profile of the group and the underlying health issues with which some of us have to contend puts many (perhaps most) of us in the high risk category in which the infection is likely to be serious for any of us unfortunate enough to contract coronavirus. Therefore, we have to consider people’s health above the pleasure we were anticipating of meeting up again and playing some tunes. Some people have already made the understandable decision to withdraw and there would no doubt have been others doing so in the coming days.

We are sorry to have to do this, but we hope that you will understand and support our decision. We hope that all of you remain safe and well through these trying times and that we will all be able to meet up again for Sidmouth Festival at the beginning of August."

Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal