Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021 and 2022  (Read 3491 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021 and 2022
« on: March 21, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »

In these dark times, here is something to look forward to next year. Melodeons in Wensleydale is booked to take place at the Dales Countryside Museum in Hawes for the weekend of 23-25 April 2021. The main tutors will be Andy Cutting, John Spiers, Katie Howson and Emmanuel Pariselle. Theo Gibb, Rees Wesson, Vicky Cooper and myself will also be leading mini-workshops and Pete Ward will be bringing his mouthwatering Acorn Instruments goodies. Booking will open on 1 November, so make a note of the date if you are interested and keep the weekend of 23-25 April 2021 free.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:56:50 PM by Theo »
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »

That's a great line up. Any GC stuff planned?
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:43:13 PM »

I would expect so. Discussions with the main tutors about the workshops they will offer have not yet begun, but it is likely that Vicky Cooper will offer the Introduction to G/C Melodeon mini-workshop she would have delivered this year and that one of Emmanuel Pariselle's workshops will be G/C based.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 06:34:28 AM »

I would expect so. Discussions with the main tutors about the workshops they will offer have not yet begun, but it is likely that Vicky Cooper will offer the Introduction to G/C Melodeon mini-workshop she would have delivered this year and that one of Emmanuel Pariselle's workshops will be G/C based.

That's great - my current project is getting to grips with the G/C I bought from Emmanuel last year. With plenty of time on my hands and a whole year ahead I might make some progress !

J
Old Bones Dance Band

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »

Those of us with retained deposits from this year’s cancelled event are automatically enrolled I believe.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

RobLowe

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 11:22:01 AM »

That's great news Bob, thank you to you and the rest of the MIW team. What a line-up (as always)!

PS, I've bought a few cds and bits of pieces from some of the tutors who were due to be there this year, and recommend that as a way to support our pro-melodeonistas.  I'm also really enjoying John Spiers' youtube channel - some inspirational examples of playing  for ceilidhs.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 04:00:24 PM »

Those of us with retained deposits from this year’s cancelled event are automatically enrolled I believe.

Yes, Chris, that is correct.

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 10:57:52 AM »

Thanks Bob.  I'm really looking forward to it
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 03:27:43 PM »

Normally, we would open bookings for Melodeons in Wensleydale on 1 November, but the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 has led us to revise our timetable. We are delaying the opening of bookings until January, when we shall review the situation and decide whether the event can go ahead as planned on 23-25 April or whether we shall have to cancel.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 04:26:38 PM »

Normally, we would open bookings for Melodeons in Wensleydale on 1 November, but the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 has led us to revise our timetable. We are delaying the opening of bookings until January, when we shall review the situation and decide whether the event can go ahead as planned on 23-25 April or whether we shall have to cancel.

I think it's the only sensible and wise move Bob.  Hopefully by April things will be calmer - whether they will be calmer earlier enough to give you space to make the decision and regroup in time is another matter of course. Either way, wishing you all the best with the event. Stay safe.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 04:41:39 PM »

I echo Helena's comments.
Nothing is certain for next year so holding fire is sensible.
and of course.... stay safe in these times!
Best wishes.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021 and 2022
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »

It is with great reluctance and sadness that we have decided to cancel Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021, which was due to take place on 23-25 April. In view of the rapidly deteriorating situation with regard to Covid-19 and projections that the vaccination programme will not have proceeded far enough by then to keep everybody safe, we feel that cancellation is the only responsible course of action open to us.

Arrangements are already well advanced for Melodeons in Wensleydale 2022, which will, take place on 1-3 April 2022. The main tutors will be John Kirkpatrick, Hazel Askew, Emmanuel Pariselle and Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne, supported by Steve Dumpleton, Theo Gibb, Rees Wesson, Vicky Cooper and Bob Ellis.

People who were booked on Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021 and those who subscribe to our mailing list should already have received an email about the cancellation and details of the 2022 event. There is also more information on our website.

Those who were booked on our 2021 event have the option to roll over their booking to 2022 or to receive a full refund. They will need to contact me to indicate which option they prefer.

Those wishing to book for Melodeons in Wensleydale 2022 who were not booked on the 2021 event will need to restrain their enthusiasm until bookings open on 1 November 2021.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 12:25:11 PM »

Yes thank you, the email came through earlier, as I'm on the list from last year.
We've just gone through a similar thought process for an event here in early July. With the situation as fluid as it is, there is no certainty at all about things and planning is absolutely impossible at present.

I totally understand your sadness but it is the only realistic option Bob.

Looks like I just need to hang on til November now .....
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

playandteach

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 01:35:59 PM »

Hi Bob. Wensleydale was one of the most enjoyable things I've done with the melodeon. Working alongside Pascale and the others, spending time with others from here (Hi Vicky) etc. On that basis, please put me on hold for the next one. So, obviously my fees were originally from 2020, not 2021.
Good luck with it all.
Pete

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 03:15:32 PM »

Yes - everything feels to be 'on hold' - but 2022 will be great I'm sure.

Julian
Old Bones Dance Band

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 04:39:22 PM »

I fully understand why you had to cancel; the plans for 2022 will give us all something to look forward to.
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

playandteach

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 08:28:26 PM »

Just realised I'll have my 60th birthday on the 2nd April during the event. Have to persuade my wife to come along. If I find out that I have to have my birthday elsewhere I'll donate my ticket to a youngster. But I'm hoping to use it myself.

Tufty

• Dino Bincis etc
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 10:43:09 PM »

Compared to most of us you are a youngster!!!

playandteach

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 10:59:41 PM »

Certainly no seniority on this forum for me. In either sense of the word. But still a milestone. Did think of celebrating it with a big bike ride. Maybe cycle to Wensleydale and meet up with my wife there, 81 miles over the Alston Pass. You never know.

Daz Barry

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 07:33:14 AM »

So sorry for all the hard work you have put it to this event but it's best to be safe.Will look forward to seeing everyone next year.be safe.Daz.😎
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal