Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021  (Read 611 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021
« on: March 21, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »

In these dark times, here is something to look forward to next year. Melodeons in Wensleydale is booked to take place at the Dales Countryside Museum in Hawes for the weekend of 23-25 April 2021. The main tutors will be Andy Cutting, John Spiers, Katie Howson and Emmanuel Pariselle. Theo Gibb, Rees Wesson, Vicky Cooper and myself will also be leading mini-workshops and Pete Ward will be bringing his mouthwatering Acorn Instruments goodies. Booking will open on 1 November, so make a note of the date if you are interested and keep the weekend of 23-25 April 2021 free.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, Acadian one-row in D; Junior Martin one-row in C.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Melodeons in Wensleydale 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »

That's a great line up. Any GC stuff planned?
Serafini R2D2 GC, Castagnari Sander DG

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:43:13 PM »

I would expect so. Discussions with the main tutors about the workshops they will offer have not yet begun, but it is likely that Vicky Cooper will offer the Introduction to G/C Melodeon mini-workshop she would have delivered this year and that one of Emmanuel Pariselle's workshops will be G/C based.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, Acadian one-row in D; Junior Martin one-row in C.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 06:34:28 AM »

I would expect so. Discussions with the main tutors about the workshops they will offer have not yet begun, but it is likely that Vicky Cooper will offer the Introduction to G/C Melodeon mini-workshop she would have delivered this year and that one of Emmanuel Pariselle's workshops will be G/C based.

That's great - my current project is getting to grips with the G/C I bought from Emmanuel last year. With plenty of time on my hands and a whole year ahead I might make some progress !

J
Old Bones Dance Band, Blists Hill Morris Gang

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »

Those of us with retained deposits from this year’s cancelled event are automatically enrolled I believe.
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

RobLowe

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 11:22:01 AM »

That's great news Bob, thank you to you and the rest of the MIW team. What a line-up (as always)!

PS, I've bought a few cds and bits of pieces from some of the tutors who were due to be there this year, and recommend that as a way to support our pro-melodeonistas.  I'm also really enjoying John Spiers' youtube channel - some inspirational examples of playing  for ceilidhs.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 04:00:24 PM »

Those of us with retained deposits from this year’s cancelled event are automatically enrolled I believe.

Yes, Chris, that is correct.

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 10:57:52 AM »

Thanks Bob.  I'm really looking forward to it
Oakwood D/G,
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal