Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accordion Centre Birmingham  (Read 751 times)

frankie55

Accordion Centre Birmingham
« on: April 02, 2020, 05:36:26 AM »

Hi there I know this is an unusual post but I felt that I could not let it pass without mention, whenever I have problems with repair of my box I toddle along to Rob Beecroft at The Accordion Centre Birmingham,as I find it a friendly and welcoming little treasure trove,a chat coffee and a cake are often offered whether you buy or not.Recently Rob found out that I am at present fighting cancer and contacted me to give support,I find this gesture both moving and well above a  trader/ customer relationship,I wonder if any of you out there have at anytime come across this type of after sales care.

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
Re: Accordion Centre Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 08:47:17 AM »

Sorry to hear of your situation; my very best wishes for a successful battle.  I'm not surprised by Rob's reaction; before I moved abroad  I was a regular visitor (and sometimes a customer as well!) and he did all my tuning, repairs & maintenance after Nils Nilsson became unavailable. He's a good bloke.

Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »

Sorry to hear about your cancer, Frankie, and I hope the treatment is successful. I've no experience of the Accordion Centre in Birmingham, but I and several friends have received a similar friendly reception and outstanding after sales service from Pete Ward of Acorn Instruments. (That encomium has got to be worth a discount off my next purchase, Pete!)  ;) :||:
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

pgroff

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 01:07:43 PM »

frankie55,

Wishing you the best in your fight with this terrible disease! Your message is a great reminder of the many ways that small shops support communities. And that IMO many of them are vulnerable, both from societal changes in the internet age, and more recently through disruptions from the covid-19 pandemic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal