Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Covid plans, sessions etc. in/near Musselburgh (Scotland) for future fun  (Read 642 times)

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸

(:) looking forward to the eventual lifting of all the restrictions, at some future date,  ;D OH and self are planning to head to Mussleburgh where he went to primary school and where his Dad was born, for a bit of a break. OH's Grandad lived on Fisher Row ( born Dunfirmline). I know we live in an East coast seaside town and planning a holiday in another East coast seaside town might sound a bit odd but if this present crisis has done anything it has made us list all the jolly things we'd planned to do and not got around to yet ;D :|||: :|glug
 No idea when this will be but half the fun is in the planning and anticipation so if anyone has any advice on where to go and what to see in and around Mussleburgh we'd love to hear it ;D we'll be going by pubic transport (train/ bus when they're back to normal) ;D
 If you live in/ near Musselburgh and would like to meet us for a tea/ coffee / beverage of choice  :|glug when we eventually get there that would be lovely  ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 10:20:44 PM by AnnC »
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

pbsalt

• Respected Sage
  • Location NE Fife

Trip to North Berwick and a boat trip around the Bass Rock to see the Gannet colony ( assuming the trip is in summer )
… and I think they do boat trips from N Berwick across to Anstruther or Pittenweem in the gorgeous E Neuk of Fife ( although it is a bit sim to N Yorkshire with red-pantiled roofs )  - could meet for a coffee there ! .

and do you know the song Ossian used to sing - As I gaead doon by Fisherrow with Museelburh near me …."  ( apologies for bad rendering of Scots )
Paul
Paul
Location NE Fife

David Summers

• Regular debater

Have family, or rather former family. My ex partner came from there, father still lives there; and sister in the centre of Edinburgh. Alas no contacts up there anymore. But anyway to my mind, from Musselburgh I'd always head into Edinburgh.

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸

:D thank you, we'll be carting a couple of instruments with us whatever time of year it ends up being 🎶
Trip to North Berwick and a boat trip around the Bass Rock to see the Gannet colony ( assuming the trip is in summer )
… and I think they do boat trips from N Berwick across to Anstruther or Pittenweem in the gorgeous E Neuk of Fife ( although it is a bit sim to N Yorkshire with red-pantiled roofs )  - could meet for a coffee there ! .

Paul
  Nothing wrong with being similar to North Yorkshire  ;D  Will have to look up the boat trips, they sound great especially if there's coffee too.
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal