Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abide With Me - Free Video Tutorial With Sheet Music For DG Melodeon  (Read 744 times)

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les

Hi,

Abide With Me Video Tutorial

I recorded this yesterday and am making it available free of charge.

Even if you are a person who doesn't generally play hymns this is, nonetheless, a wonderful tune to play on the melodeon.

I also play it in its original key of Eb on my BbEb Hohner Liliput.

Abide with Me In E flat

The video lasts 39 minutes but of course if you're an experienced player you won't need to watch the whole thing.

I have attached the music for you to print out.

I hope you enjoy playing this piece and wish everyone on melnet the very best in these difficult times.

Les
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 09:58:14 AM by Daddy Long Les »
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
Re: Abide With Me - Free Video Tutorial With Sheet Music For DG Melodeon
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 10:08:19 AM »

Thanks for this, Les, it certainly is a great tune! Such a pity that some don't even look at the odd old hymn tune. Maybe for the very reason that they are actually hymn tunes, and therefore connected to "religion"? They're missing so much, in easy playing for people like me and in more complicated stuff for the more highly skilled amongst us, in my opinion, of course.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 10:15:24 AM »

Thanks for this, Les, it certainly is a great tune! Such a pity that some don't even look at the odd old hymn tune. Maybe for the very reason that they are actually hymn tunes, and therefore connected to "religion"? They're missing so much, in easy playing for people like me and in more complicated stuff for the more highly skilled amongst us, in my opinion, of course.

Thanks Edward.  Yes, there are many fine tunes to be found in the world of hymns that work really well on the box.

Take care of you and yours.

Les
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 01:52:04 PM »

The devil does not have all the best tunes.  But he has got a fair number.👹
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.

Clawhammer

• Good talker
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 02:21:02 PM »

Thank You, Daddy!
trying to capably ride a pair of Baldoni DG and Baffetti BP II D/G boxes.

David Colpitts

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »

Yes, indeed.  Thank you!  And, thanks for the reminder of the whole genre.  Without hymns, many of us would have missed the very earliest “formal” group music experiences, which I know made me able to hum, whistle, even sing close to pitch.  How about a “TOTM” for “Hymns?”

David

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal