Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online Lessons Now Available  (Read 651 times)

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
Online Lessons Now Available
« on: April 01, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »

Hi,

After considerable research and lots of trial (and error!) - I am happy to tell you that I am now able to offer lessons to students using the Zoom Meetings software which can be used on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad and Android.  It's very easy to install and free of charge.

Obviously this can never be as good as a teacher with you in the same room, however, it is a reasonable alternative.  I have dabbled with Skype and FaceTime in the past but the quality is pretty poor.  With Zoom, you can record the lesson for viewing afterwards and I can share my screen with you and even write on a virtual whiteboard!

If this is something that interests you please PM me for more details.  Check out my website www.daddylongles.com to see plenty of examples of my tutorials.  Go to www.zoom.us to find out more about the software.  There are lots of videos online to help you with the installation etc.

Take care

Les
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
Re: Online Lessons Now Available
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 03:00:33 PM »

Hi,

Just as a follow-up to my previous post, here is a short excerpt from a Zoom lesson that I gave my wife today.

We were at different parts of our house!

https://youtu.be/Q6Y9dMiIwUU

It's not perfect but it does give you the general idea of what I'm offering.

I cut back and forth from my recording to Jenny's and I have deliberately not edited the audio on the latter.

The quality is not amazing but this is how Zoom records to keep the file size down.  My usual video tutorials often run to over 10Gb whereas something like this is around 200 Mb  - okay not emailable but fine for placing in someone's Dropbox, Google Drive or similar.

All the best

Les
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal