Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A bit of a rum do  (Read 961 times)

Andrew Kennedy

• Regular debater
    • About Sword Dancing
A bit of a rum do
« on: April 28, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »

I'm not sure whether this belongs here or in 'Buying and Selling'.

I've just bought a D/G heligonka from German eBay, and the short version is that it has now arrived and I'm happy with it.

The thing is, first there was a delay with the delivery, and I had to chase it up. Then I was told it would arrive by the 24th April, and it didn't. Fair enough, I thought, in the current circumstances (I gather German parcel post is having significant delays). But then this morning I got a message from eBay saying it was back on the market and I had the opportunity to bid again at a higher price than I'd already paid. Somewhat alarmed I contacted the vendor, who said he had sent it, and sure enough it arrived this afternoon.

So what were eBay up to?

Tiposx

• Durham in England
  • Respected Sage
Re: A bit of a rum do
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 08:46:50 AM »

Yes that is a rum do. Regarding the postal system in Germany - yesterday I took delivery of a new p***o accordion from Burgebrach - It took only 7 days to reach me in Durham uk. This was via UPS.
Tiposx

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:03:14 AM »

I'm not sure whether this belongs here or in 'Buying and Selling'.

I've just bought a D/G heligonka from German eBay, and the short version is that it has now arrived and I'm happy with it.

The thing is, first there was a delay with the delivery, and I had to chase it up. Then I was told it would arrive by the 24th April, and it didn't. Fair enough, I thought, in the current circumstances (I gather German parcel post is having significant delays). But then this morning I got a message from eBay saying it was back on the market and I had the opportunity to bid again at a higher price than I'd already paid. Somewhat alarmed I contacted the vendor, who said he had sent it, and sure enough it arrived this afternoon.

So what were eBay up to?

Sounds like the vendor clicked the wrong button, rather than ebay getting it wrong.
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »

Another box Andrew, really?  >:E
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 09:55:03 AM »

Sounds like the vendor clicked the wrong button, rather than ebay getting it wrong.

"never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence", or something.

If the box is no longer being offered on eBay, there's definitely nothing to worry about.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

Peadar

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 10:27:23 AM »

I am told e-bay have recently modfied their interface on the sellers side and the new "improved" system is proving to have some glitches.

Squeaky Pete

• Squeaky Pete
  • Re-hohn a Hohner
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »

I've had late deliveries from stuff on German eBay but it has always arrived.
Feedback and credibility are the only things that establish a reputation and are hard won and easily lost.
Would you spend €500 with someone who has a reputation for messing people about.
Anahata's quote about incompetence is more likely the answer, though in could be on the part of quite a few people.
Poker work DG.
Pariselle 2.6 DG, Ex-Club IIIBS CF,
Matching Liliputs in CF and DG,
Lots of sickly Hohners needing TLC,
Bassoon, Various Bagpipes........
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal