Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutor Book for GCF available in United States?  (Read 488 times)

Ryan Earl

• New Starter
Tutor Book for GCF available in United States?
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:35:14 PM »

Getting started out with my GCF that I inherited. I'm having trouble finding a book to learn with. I have found past threads that talk about George Garside's Crash course and Ed Renni's melodeon book being used for GCF as they use a numbering system so they can be used for other melodeons beyond DG, but I cannot find those for purchase in the US without VERY expensive shipping. The only book I can seem to find here is in Spanish, and that does not help at all. Do you know of anything to help on this side of the ocean?

Dick Rees

• Neo-Luddite
Re: Tutor Book for GCF available in United States?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 10:07:41 PM »

You can always start your exploration beginning with one row tunes and progress to two row tunes/versions to start playing across the rows. A GCF  3-row is comparable to a CF two-row in terms of layout with an added G row on the outside.  Playing it as a 3-row box IMO/E is something to grow into in steps rather than all at once.

If you can give hour location perhaps you can find someone with can share their experience/knowledge with you 1:1.  Also check search "Hohner diatonic accordion method".  I think there's one from Austria in English available as a pdf.

Good luck.  Have fun.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:32:51 PM by Dick Rees »
"You're making the wrong mistakes."
...Thelonius Monk

"I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."
...Albert Einstein

Cogito ergo bibo.
...Bacchus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal