Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Editors: LumaFusion and Filmora9/home studio iPad/PC  (Read 456 times)

David Colpitts

• Regular debater

Hello, all.

I read whatever I see posted in various threads regarding how folks edit their music videos, and have been obsessing for the past few weeks about just such.  As a retired teacher with some limited experience in early Premiere, iMovie, Pinnacle Studio and such on PCs and iPads, I really wanted something comfortably familiar and above all easy to learn, now that I am old....I read what you all say about KDEnlive, Olive, ShotCut, etc., and it all seems like steep learning curves.  So I broke down and bought-the same day- Filmora for my little laptop, and LumaFusion, for the old iPad.  I have gotten quite comfortable with the basics, in just a few hours each, and wonder if any out there have used either?  The part that I need to master is (no surprise) the playing along (as a “voiceover”) with a pre-recorded track.  The goal is duet or trio, and I don’t care too much about multiple videos, although the future for that looks bright in Filmora, since it’ll accept a bunch of tracks and let me do picture-in-picture stuff.  LumaFusion will take up to 6 video plus 6 audio, or 12 audio by themselves.  LumaFusion is a way slicker looking UI, but Filmora has the distinct advantage (to me) of easy PC file conventions and cheap storage options; my iPad is only 16 gig, and only about 5 of those are available for storage and processing.

So, my questions....some are generic to all home video editing for music videos, and some are specific to these apps.  Anybody else using either?  Anybody else using an iPad for camera source and editing?  And, any tips for learning to do the voiceover additional instruments smoothly?  I must admit that with only modest instrumental skills, a little digital editing, and absolutely no “real” studio experience, I am starting at (or near) the beginning.  And, while I’m tossing out questions, cheap mics that sound OK for instruments and voice?

Thanks for any collaboration.

David

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal