Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anne Niepold and Andy Cutting zoom concert  (Read 993 times)

Joan Kureczka

• Regular debater
Anne Niepold and Andy Cutting zoom concert
« on: June 04, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »

The Oxfolk folks have lined up a great one for their ongoing series of Zoom concerts. While there are still some occasional technical problems and Zoom isn't the absolute best technology for live music, they've done a great job so far in bringing together some great stuff. This one is not to be missed: Andy Cutting and Annie Niepold, separate and together. A preview of the tour they would have been doing if not for the pandemic.

https://folkweekendoxford.co.uk/component/eventbooking/zoom-events/niepold-cutting.html
MAD: GD Oakwood Baffetti Super II, GD Loffet Pro, GD Oakwood 3-voice, CG Castagnari Sander, CG Salterelle Pastourelle II, GD Saltarelle Pastourelle II, Smythe "Flea," and a crazy blinged up Pokerwork

RobLowe

Re: Anne Niepold and Andy Cutting zoom concert
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 04:57:20 PM »

It was superb - I had an excellent time. I have seen Anne Niepold perform before, but alongside the incredible music I was really struck by how she was performing to the limitations of the Zoom camerawork, and I even enjoyed the playfulness of their played-together piece. And of course Andy Cutting was just, well, Andy Cutting. Also very nice to see familiar faces in the audience (melodeonistas, folk heroes, and dancers from my home town!). I think Squeezy is also doing another gig quite soon ('with' Jackie Oates).

I've been to a few of the Folk Weekend gigs now, they're well worth checking out:
https://www.folkweekendoxford.co.uk/what-s-on.html

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 08:31:05 AM »

The Cutting - Niepold gig was great - we've watched three of the Oxford Folk Weekend gigs and have been really impressed by the sound quality - as well as excellent performances. Seeing them live is something to hope for...but I think it'll be a long while before this is even possible.

More positively I see Naragonia are doing a zoom bal in July (again Oxfolk) - but sadly our wifi link is really poor in our dance floor area !

Julian
Old Bones Dance Band

Dave Praties

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »

Julian, yes it was a great gig, and you and your good lady were co-stars! Every time the music stopped, you flashed up on our screen in glorious technicolour. Quite an honour I think. Sadly, I think you are correct about it being a long time before live gigs as we know then, return.
Dave
Castagnari Mory D/G.  Saltarelle Bouebe D/G. Hohner Club 2 C/F. Bachenbulach Bb/Eb. Matzini C/F. Some of them even work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal