Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to put sound and video together???  (Read 1435 times)

Peadar

How to put sound and video together???
« on: June 07, 2020, 10:35:35 PM »

For this month's Theme of the month I would like to do the music with a related video. Shooting the video was the easy bit....
Any absolute beginners advice on how to put a (different) sound track to an AVI file?
Or is this going to be like the lost traveller asking for directions and being told "If I wanted to go there I wouldn't start from here"?

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: How to put sound and video together???
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 12:21:32 AM »

I'd use Olive. I've been using it (free software in a trial stage - and actually very stable and intuitive).
It is dead easy to import files of different types and overlay them. You can delete audio separately from video with one click.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Howard Jones

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 06:44:58 PM »

You will need to sync your audio track with the video.  Before you start playing, clap your hands together loudly, in camera shot.  This will show up as a big spike on the audio track, which you can match to the action on the video, or to the equivalent spike on the video player's audio track (which you can then delete or mute).  This is why film and TV productions use a clapper board.

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 07:28:30 PM »

Being a technophobe, I just use my compact camera. I load it to the laptop and using VLC, crop the start and finish and then load it up to YouTube.
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Peadar

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »

I'd use Olive. I've been using it (free software in a trial stage - and actually very stable and intuitive).
It is dead easy to import files of different types and overlay them. You can delete audio separately from video with one click.
Thanks P&T - I used Olive for thís month's stab at ThOTM, as I wanted to try an action video. In recent months I have used a 15 year old digital camera to do videos- AVI files. The resolution is a bit lower than more modern cameras which helps keep the filesize down. I didn't want to use the video of me playing so the sound synchronisation wasn't critical. I took an MP3 audio file of the AVI off the music and pasted it in under the video seqence. Olive lets you import jpg's which have a nominal time display of 1  second...but you can stretch them which allowed me to extend the end of the visuals with a still of Deo.
This probably sounds banal to anyone who has ever edited video before but I hadn't and was happy with the result.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:57:48 PM by Peadar »

SHTUM

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 02:32:27 AM »

For this month's Theme of the month I would like to do the music with a related video. Shooting the video was the easy bit....
Any absolute beginners advice on how to put a (different) sound track to an AVI file?
Or is this going to be like the lost traveller asking for directions and being told "If I wanted to go there I wouldn't start from here"?
Hi Peader, apparantly putting sound and video together is not "melodeon related"
  Good luck, John

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 10:04:28 AM »

John, I think it is when it's stated to be "For this month's Theme of the month".
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »

Have you tried Movie Maker?
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Chris Marriott

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »

If you have an iPad, Apple's "iMovie" app is really easy to use, and allows you to replace the audio of a video with a different audio track.
Chris

Castagnari Marie-Nicole, English Concertina and Piano Accordion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal