Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free reed instrument family tree  (Read 1535 times)

Kevin Carr

Free reed instrument family tree
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:46:00 AM »

A while back I saw a lovely chart featuring the family tree of free reed instruments. Anyone seen this and know where I could find a copy?
Thanks

Kimric Smythe

• Smythe's Accordion Center
Re: Free reed instrument family tree
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 08:37:35 AM »

They come from a accordion museum in Moscow, I have one on the wall of my shop, If you are lucky you have the book that goes with it that gives more details. I may have a copy of the poster ,it is pretty big.
Smythe's Accordion Center
Pinole, California
Sales and repairs since 1997

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 12:19:58 PM »

That sounds like something that I would find useful. Once the Covid-19 restrictions ease, I will be resuming the presentations I give on the history of folk dance music in the Yorkshire Dales. An image of the poster sounds as though it would be worth using in my PowerPoint presentations at the point where I explain the impact of free reed instruments on the composition of folk dance bands. Any idea where I might be able to acquire an image of the poster?
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Kimric Smythe

• Smythe's Accordion Center
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 07:39:31 PM »

I can take a picture of it and post it on Flickr.
Smythe's Accordion Center
Pinole, California
Sales and repairs since 1997

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 08:40:36 PM »

That would be really useful Kimric.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

melodeon

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 09:38:02 PM »

I will echo Rees's sentiments. Thanks Kimric.

Hello Kevin,

Been too long, hope you are well.
We have sold our digs and hopefully escaping Dopeville (Williams, Oregon) by Aug 7 and moving to Jacksonville.
Barn, garage, estate, yard sale this weekend  Sat and Sun  9-1... 2444 Cedar Flat .
Be there or be square : ).

Jeff

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 10:45:00 AM »

Yes, that would be great Kimric, but any chance of putting it in Dropbox? I've never used Flickr and I am reluctant to try to get my head round yet another social media platform.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 01:02:02 PM »

Yes, that would be great Kimric, but any chance of putting it in Dropbox? I've never used Flickr and I am reluctant to try to get my head round yet another social media platform.
So long as Kimric makes it public on Flickr, you will be able to view it and, if Kimric sets the permission to 'allow', you will be able to download it too. You don't need to have a Flickr account.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »

Thanks for the information, Steve. I look forward to being able to see and download it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal