Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: choosing a secondary instrument  (Read 3491 times)

SHTUM

• Regular debater
Re: choosing a secondary instrument
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 12:07:07 AM »

The can be done without a step as well if one is bothered, but honestly when playing you dont notice.  I built a small removable wooden chamber at the back that I thought would be handy for holding a battery unit, wireless xmitter etc.(pie in the sky)
 Anyway, here,s a great wee box I converted from CBA to BCC#.( wot I play)I would recommend one of these to convert to any system you like. They are tiny and light but relatively rare. Great fun though.   See pic.     John.

Calum

• Good talker
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 12:29:27 PM »

I know it's not a melodeon, but if the "get a chromatic" voices are speaking to you, but you don't fancy redesigning your brain, this box might be what you're after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhPnmQyUv8

SHTUM

• Regular debater
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »

Yes, they are OK boxes - I have a similar box by Hohner, also B system, (48 bass)which I prefer to the C system. You still have to re-learn your tunes which is OK ,but I,m not keen on a stepped keyboard but thats just what I,m used to. Not a melodeon though, mine however might well end up as one!
 Good luck  - John

SHTUM

• Regular debater
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 09:17:06 PM »

I just had a  though that if you already play in C/F  then a 3 voice Hohner Corona 3r (old one) in the keys of G/C/F would be a good step up if you could find one.   -   John
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal