Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidmouth Crowdfunder  (Read 1273 times)

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
Sidmouth Crowdfunder
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:09:35 PM »

For those that love Sidmouth and want to support the festival in this difficult year, the festival has launched a crowdfunder campaign to help ensure the festival's future. As might be expected there are a range of goodies including melodeon lessons from Bob Ellis and a masterclass with Saul Rose.

As a past attendee of the masterclass I can highly recommend Saul's workshops if you really want to stretch fingers and brain.

Sidmouth Crowdfunder
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Sidmouth Crowdfunder
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 11:02:03 PM »

The response to the first day of the Sidmouth Crowdfunder has been very heartening. Over £45,000 raised already! However, more is needed so please give generously. All three of Saul's melodeon masterclasses and all five of my beginner or intermediate 1:1 lessons have already been snapped up. I am willing to offer more lessons if it will encourage more people to donate.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:22:31 AM »

Can I assume that Sidmouth's event insurance didn't pay out then?

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 10:17:45 AM »

From the emails over the weeks it referred to them spending out on advertising and such early preparations which represented 20% of their outlay.
Had they not pulled the plug when they did then even greater losses would have occurred ( I  suspect read 'gone under' ).

I have a long association with the festival, personally and through my Morris side. We've tried to help, especially when there was a massive change and the International aspect was lost. Talking to some of those who run it, and also chatting to friends who have contacts with other major festivals, it has become apparent in recent times that folk festivals are really struggling to survive..... and that was before Covid!

The funding and support for festivals is a whole new thread,  as is why they were struggling pre - Covid.
I've put in for a melodeon workshop, which helps both the festival and me!
 Cheers.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »

There's so many causes to support, but Sidmouth certainly deserves a personal contribution...I also read that E.F.D.S.S will have a huge hole in their budget due to lost revenue from cancelled events at C# House.
Can't exactly go out busking to raise a few quid ! And of course when that is even possible again would we need a card reader for donations ?

So much uncertainty about the future for all.

J
Old Bones Dance Band

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 11:01:33 AM »

I've put in for a melodeon workshop, which helps both the festival and me!

Why did I think one of the takers might have been you? I got the first and another friend has the third one.

WendyG

• Good talker
  • Castagnari Clovis DG
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 11:59:41 AM »

Towersey Festival also has a Crowdfunder Campaign running.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »

Towersey Festival also has a Crowdfunder Campaign running.

I think their Crowdfunder ended some weeks ago, although you can still make a donation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal