Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Witney Supersqueeze November 2020 CANCELLED  (Read 674 times)

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
Witney Supersqueeze November 2020 CANCELLED
« on: July 30, 2020, 04:28:10 PM »

I have just received this e-mail message from Dave Townsend. Not unexpected really... :(

With great regret and a heavy heart I have to announce that Witney Supersqueeze will not take place this year. Unsurprisingly, the school is currently unable to give any assurances that we will be able to use the premises for the weekend, and are delaying a final decision until the start of the September term. This is much too late to cancel if it becomes necessary, and I also feel that a lot of people will be reluctant to commit to the weekend or even to take the risk, however small.   

I plan to run the weekend next year, with the same tutors, on 19th - 21st November 2021. 

Stay well 

All the best 

Dave Townsend 
Witney Supersqueeze 
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Chris Rayner

• Respected Sage
Re: Witney Supersqueeze November 2020 CANCELLED
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 04:35:15 PM »

Oh, Ärse! I was looking forward to that.  Oh well, back to the hobbit burrow practice hole.😕
Elderly amateur musician hoping to stave off dementia by learning to play the melodeon.  Main instrument a Tommy, also D/G and G/C pokerworks,  a single row 2 stop Hohner, and a new addition to the free reedery, a rather splendid Paolo Soprani four voice 120 bass c-system chromatic button accordion.  Very shiny, very loud, and about the same size and weight as a small car.  Now I’ve traded me Benny with (ahem) a cash adjustment, to a three voice 60 bass Castagnari K3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal