Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choral meets Duet  (Read 856 times)

joreema

• Good talker
  • Castagnari, Saltarelle, Hohner Erica, MacCann
Choral meets Duet
« on: July 30, 2020, 06:05:53 PM »

Here is a song with the title "Herzlich lieb hab ich Dich, o Herr". The lyrics are from Martin Schalling who between 1532 and 1608. The melody is written in 1577 in Straßburg. I'm playing from several tune books with music for church. This song I found in "Reichslieder" which means the "kingdom of heaven and was quite famous in Germany around 1900. German leaders of free churches were inspired by the songs of the English awakening movement. So they translated a lot of them and put them together with other hymns in the" Reichslieder". This hymns were sung until the 70s.

My recording is a mixture of traditional and folk elements, so that I can imagine perhaps this song was sung this way.

https://youtu.be/rEM1CGh5IGc

Greetings, Joreema (Jochen Riemer)
Castagnari, Saltarelle, Hohner Erica, MacCann Duet, Chemnitzer Konzertina

Dick Rees

• Neo-Luddite
Re: Choral meets Duet
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »

Vielen dank!  The joy in your voice is palpable.
"You're making the wrong mistakes."
...Thelonius Monk

"I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."
...Albert Einstein

Cogito ergo bibo.
...Bacchus

Janneke Slagter

• Regular debater
  • Serenellini GC Serenellini CF and Brandoni Tom A/D
Re: Choral meets Duet
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:54:34 PM »

Here is a song with the title "Herzlich lieb hab ich Dich, o Herr". The lyrics are from Martin Schalling who between 1532 and 1608. The melody is written in 1577 in Straßburg. I'm playing from several tune books with music for church. This song I found in "Reichslieder" which means the "kingdom of heaven and was quite famous in Germany around 1900. German leaders of free churches were inspired by the songs of the English awakening movement. So they translated a lot of them and put them together with other hymns in the" Reichslieder". This hymns were sung until the 70s.

My recording is a mixture of traditional and folk elements, so that I can imagine perhaps this song was sung this way.

https://youtu.be/rEM1CGh5IG

Greetings, Joreema (Jochen Riemer)

Incredible how nice this sounds. I wish that these kinds of songs would still be sung in church
Thanks for posting,
Janneke Slagter
music is my first love and it will be my last
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal