Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 57 voters. Is that all?  (Read 6114 times)

Keithypete.

Re: 57 voters. Is that all?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »

What is really going on here is a case of not being able to please all the people all of the time. There will be some tunes that the biggest majority of us know whilst others will be new to the same number people. However, the job seems to have sorted itself out by means of an "unofficial" TOTM. So there you have it: two tunes of the month - play one, the other, or both.
Beltuna Sara II - B/C flavour.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

stevejay

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »

I'm going to post TOTM, but here's the issue-

I don't see the point in being too original, I'm just going to play the tune. I'm too new, and the only thing I might add is a harmony to the tune if there was another player around.

So if I post, expect the same old same old at this time, I'm concerned with paying my dues and getting things simple and solid, creativity willhave to wait.
I'm camera shy, so this is a bigger deal for me than you might expect.
If this makes sense :-\

Wurdal

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »

While I am familiar with Speed the Plough I have been more than happy to view the attempts that have been made with this tune. Its interesting to see how people approach it. I think people should be a bit more patient since this was the first offering. As time goes on the tunes will build up and there should be something for everyone.
Castagnari Handry, Lachenal C/G, assorted Hohners

graememackay

• Graeme Mackay
  • B/C/C# Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze
    • Graeme's homepage
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 11:28:10 PM »

I don't think it matters how many people vote for totm.  Whoever votes will be involved and it will mean something to them.  No point in 900 people voting for one tune and the 40 people that want to or are able record want something else.

Also the choice of tune was perfect.  It's not one of my favourite tunes, but it's in my head now and will no doubt sneek into my repertoire soon.  I had never heard of it before totm.  It needs to be something everyone can have a go at.  I'm a champion accordionist yet I still play "Scotland the Brave" and "my bonnie lies over the ocean" at every gig, tunes that sicken most players to death because of the simplicity, but those are the tunes that count because people can relate to them.  Speed the Plough is in that category.  And I hope the next totm will be there too.
Black Shand Morino
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.