News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: bcc#  (Read 19202 times)

EeeJay

• Old Grey Paolo
Re: bcc#
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2009, 10:45:23 PM »

Yes indeed, ask Hohner ... Horst Fausel is the fella who deals with product development...

I did manage to shoot an e-mail off to him about it last year... if they could shove a 60-72 bass end up a Corona Xtreme (the new 34 RH button models). I got a friendly reply, that he was interested, and it should be possible, but, obviously, he wanted to know the market first...

In the interim, I lost impetus (bagged something else used), and didn't follow it up.

So, if someone actually knows the market, and thinks there's room for a 21st century Trichord, by all means, give Herr Fausel a shout... contact details should on Hohner's website... or Googleable...

Ed J

triskel

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »

I bumped into Steve Clinkscale yesterday and hassled him about the Crucianelli 3 rows.  He claims there is 6 sitting in the factory in "Europe" but as he's starting using an italian factory they are holding him to ransom a bit.

From what I've seen of the recent Crucianelli boxes, they appear to be made by Delicia, in the Czech Republic.

How much would it cost to have the correct 12 bass system placed in one of these Hohners?  If a great number of people bought inexpensive 3 row hohners and had them converted would there be a savings if we all went through one source?  

If there were enough you might persuade Hohner to make the correct bass, but it took about 40 years to persuade them to make a C#/D version of the Double Ray ;D

Maybe they could be persuaded to correct the basses, but they carried on making the Black Dots with the "wrong" basses (though they're "right" for the original Forbes Tutor, and still are for some people) for almost 60 years, and really it's "small beer" to the accountants running Hohner these days - who were even proposing dropping the Black Dot altogether some years ago, as they weren't selling enough "units"!

However, I was surprised when they brought out the new C#/D boxes (that I'd suggested) and called them Black Dots, because that name used to be reserved for the B/C version of the Erica, whilst any previous D/D#, C#/D or C/C# boxes they'd made were called Ericas...

Mind you, I don't think there's anybody left at Hohner's who knows/understands the old names/terminology any more - they seem to have even forgotten that a "Deutsche harmonika" is not the same as a "Wiener" one  :( , unlike the Klingenthal builders...

graememackay

• Graeme Mackay
  • B/C/C# Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze
    • Graeme's homepage
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2009, 02:18:26 PM »

I think if we are looking at an affordable box it's not going to matter too much if they are made in the Czech republic.  Hohner don't seem to care about the UK market anymore, even their PAs are being pushed in the Russian Direction.

So why don't we give our money to people in Eastern Europe, they will probably be better craftsmen anyway and will need the cash.
Black Shand Morino

triskel

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2009, 02:28:05 PM »

So why don't we give our money to people in Eastern Europe, they will probably be better craftsmen anyway and will need the cash.

Absolutely! I only pointed out where I believe they are being made because you wrote "Europe" in inverted commas...

At least the Czechs seem keen to do business and cater for the market, and they're interested in improving their quality too.

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »

I quite like Delicia boxes. I learned on one. Cheap, fairly decent. A Delicia BCC'# would probably sell quite well.
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

graememackay

• Graeme Mackay
  • B/C/C# Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze
    • Graeme's homepage
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »

Yeh the "Europe" thing was the fact that he wasn't giving me a straight answer on whereabout in Europe it might be.  but I'm guessing it will be in the East somewhere.

Is there any word back from Rolstons?  No point us ravelling on about something we want made if there is noone to produce it for us.

I'll send Clinkscale an email too, keep him informed about our needs and demands  ;D
Black Shand Morino

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2009, 06:07:25 PM »

Hi,
Robert Rolston was on holiday earlier as I stated above and has been involved with a large accordion show so obviously has been very busy.
Will contact him this week re developments.
All relevant comments and observations have been passed on.

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal