Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: A neophyte asks: 2 row vs. 3 row (advantages/disadvantages)  (Read 15700 times)

melodeon

Re: A neophyte asks: 2 row vs. 3 row (advantages/disadvantages)
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2009, 03:23:21 AM »

Excellent decision !!

Consider the Milleret/Pignol  book and CD's   available from The Button Box in Mass

Also check out  CARUHEL publications in France  by Yann Dour..
excellent books

And for some very good G/C listening try Frederic(sp) Paris....he put out a couple of books..not sure they are still available

And one of my all time favorite 2 row G/C players is Santiago Jimenez JR.. Flaco's  brother...( and IMNSHO a far better player)
one excellent CD  playing  a two row Hohner  is :   El Gato Negro   ... Rounder CD 6044
Proof  "we don need no stinkin 3 row"..........

On you tube there is a lot of 2 row GC playing

I have some favorites and one is by a young guy from I believe Nova Scotia
I'll see if I can locate it...  he is doing a great job on a Hohner  Erica G/C....

Best of luck !

juker

• Hohner 2 row G/C and C/F,
    • Julie's Art'nAll
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2009, 04:13:51 AM »

http://www.avocetmusic.com/frenchtradmusic/mitch.html

Mitch Gordon at the above website is a great source of French music - Jean Blanchard, Frederic Paris and also has a book/CD set called 'Getting Into The Box - Traditional French Music on the G/C Button Accordion - Vol. 1' which has tunes played slowly and also at normal speed, ideal for learning with. I purchased the book and CD myself and have found them very useful.
I don't get 'jigs'

Medleyitis

• Hohner Morgane G/C
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2009, 03:40:07 PM »

Thanks again, melodeon and juker for your encouragement and suggestions. Yes, some of those French diatonic players are amazing. Have you ever seen the videos by the Belgian/Catallonian duo 21 Boutons? I've also viewed a lot of G/C playing on YouTube from the Canadian Maritimes. As I replied the other day to Theo, though, first I've got to get over the hurdle of learning how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal