Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a second tune to go with....  (Read 2767 times)

Jambouton

• Hearts supporters play sad stuff....
Looking for a second tune to go with....
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »

... Valse a Mary.  It's the tune you hear when you open Bernard Loffet's website.  A lovely tune and I'm learning  it at the moment. 

I'd like another tune to go with it.  Breton would be nice.  If not, then a Scottish tune, if it can be found.  Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks, pals.
... so Marvin the Paranoid Android got the Guinness in and, after we'd found a seat, he said "Drummers - loath them or ignore them, you can't like them".  He's got a point, though, hasn't he?  I mean ....

oldclubII

Re: Looking for a second tune to go with....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »

How about: Le Temps des Cerises, which also shows on Bernard's song list. Fairly easy to learn, and very melodic.

Jambouton

• Hearts supporters play sad stuff....
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:32:23 PM »

How about: Le Temps des Cerises, which also shows on Bernard's song list. Fairly easy to learn, and very melodic.

Thanks for this.  I'm not sure about this one.  It's quite a nice tune but it sounds a bit like Molly Malone, which could be distracting. In fact, I found a website with Yves Montand signing the song and I thought he was going to break into a French version of the Irish classic. Anyway, I'll give the tune a try and see how it goes. 

Encore merci, Francois.  "Chantant coques et moules, vivant, vivant oh"......

... so Marvin the Paranoid Android got the Guinness in and, after we'd found a seat, he said "Drummers - loath them or ignore them, you can't like them".  He's got a point, though, hasn't he?  I mean ....

oldclubII

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:48:54 AM »

There is another waltz called Toutouig in Bernard's list of Breton songs.

oldclubII

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 01:02:07 AM »

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:49:58 PM by oldclubII »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal