Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just joined the Corona cohort!  (Read 2434 times)

oldclubII

I just joined the Corona cohort!
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:44:09 AM »

I received today a nice black Corona II in ADG, which appears to be from the late 1960's or early 1970's if I judge from some details like the round rubber legs, 20 holes on the bass side, gold-only colored logos, riveted thumb strap and keys stamped on the bass side strap. However, the keyboard is made of wood with a metal backplate on which the thumbstrap is riveted. The treble side grill is chromed and has a fine mesh cloth. So it doesn't seem to follow the models presented on Peter Unbehauen's web pages on the evolution of the Coronas, it looks like it's a mix of older and newer features.

Sounds really nice and powerful, the bellows seems to have recent tape installed. It's fun to play, now I know why the Coronas are so popular!

Dazbo

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Danger MAD Here!
    • My YouTube Channel for melodeons, morris and folk in general
Re: I just joined the Corona cohort!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »

Sounds like a good name for a (diatonic) accordion band ;D
Ciao Bellow

Darren

sCANdanADIAN

• Regular debater
Re: I just joined the Corona cohort!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:05:31 PM »

Congratulations Francois

I have a red Corona III ADG which I love too.Lightweight,responsive and a with rich musette that's perfect for scottish and french music.My GCF is a Black pre-Corona II variant that has a nice feel to the treble side but needs a good tuning and general overhaul.Look at the Art Stoyles videos that I posted on the forum several weeks ago to hear an ADG III being played.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal