Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning - irresponsible eBayer  (Read 22164 times)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: Warning - irresponsible eBayer
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »

And let's not forget the current concern on "Libel Tourism".  :(
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

EeeJay

• Old Grey Paolo
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »

I've removed two posts with links to websites other than ebay which identify an individual person who might be the same person as the ebay seller at the centre of this discussion.

OK - moderator's absolute prerogative.

BTW, Steve C has already published the seller's name on page 3 - one would assume this is also subject to censure? :-\

Ed J

Andrew Culwell

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2009, 09:32:12 PM »

Hohner's, Paolo Soprani red 4 voice, Paddy Clancy Celtic

boxlad

• Respected Sage
    • Ray Ó Díomasaigh
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2009, 11:45:30 PM »

Insert Quote
Quote from: Theo on Today at 08:35:41 AM
I've removed two posts with links to websites other than ebay which identify an individual person who might be the same person as the ebay seller at the centre of this discussion.

OK - moderator's absolute prerogative.

BTW, Steve C has already published the seller's name on page 3 - one would assume this is also subject to censure?

The guy has a Youtube link of the box being played at the end of the ebay listing so he has in effect named himself! If I was Stephen or Rees I would be quite angry at this guy. He needs to be named and shamed and ebay should remove the likes of that con-artist from their site permanently.   

Gandy

• Respected Sage
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »

If you read his reply to me (above) he readily admits that the (alleged) buyer returned the box and he is offering it for sale again.

Item number for the first auction was 160372538975
Item number for the second auction is 160381162489

You will see that the photos are identical.
How much is the box worth to you?  If you took him up on the offer to sell at the original price, you'd have some protection from Paypal I think.
Tony S

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »

Hi,
I think we are all in agreement that this e bay seller is someone who has very few screwples and really doesn't realise that trading on ebay you are entering into a legally binding contract however if no one pursues this then its like a guard dog without teeth.

There are correct procedures in place to pursue this because this bloke is clearly in breech of contract however the only person who can trigger this is Rees,then it is up to ebay.  This can actually take quite a time and unless someone goes legal or the seller gets a bout of conscience then not much can be done.

It is now very clear who this seller actually is from the you tube link,especially when from that you look a his facebook link his photo shows him playing the box in question so we will all be able to avoid trading with him but I would like to bet, if a real bargain came up for sale by this seller, some melnet member would take a punt.

At the end of the day Rees has not lost any money and has not bought a pig in a poke.this seller has had his reputation tarnished and has had it made very clear from input above that you can not always get away with dodgy trading so who actually is the worst off,Rees or Lomanspark

Pete
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 02:54:08 PM by jilly »
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2009, 02:48:21 PM »

Anyone who spotted steve freereeder's post early this morning before it was (quite rightly) removed by administration, will have noticed that the seller already has his knickers in a twist about this issue and melnet is not flavour of the month in his house.

I am a professional accordion dealer with an eye for a bargain.  Some auctions you win and some you lose, so it's water off a ducks back to me. I did win this particular auction fair and square but I quite understand the seller's reluctance to let the item go at half the true value. Having said that, he did list it without a reserve and he did fail to supply the goods as advertised on completion of the auction thereby contravening eBay rules. Subsequent communication with the seller resulted in the waffle that I have previously posted.

I left negative feedback as follows: (Irresponsible, to say the least - failed to supply the goods as offered. Beware!) thus blotting his 100% positive record. His reply (Goods were already sold elsewhere, sadly these things happen). The instrument has now been re-listed and further contact with the seller resulted in more waffle also previously posted here..

I later received a request from eBay to withdraw the negative feedback which I declined on the grounds that the feedback was accurate.

I thank you all for your help and concern but I do not in any way expect to receive this fine instrument. I am a great believer in the eBay system which is based on honesty and trust so I have therefore opened a dispute in the eBay Resolution Centre.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2009, 03:13:07 PM »

Anyone who spotted steve freereeder's post early this morning before it was (quite rightly) removed by administration,
Hi Rees,
Actually, I removed it myself - I had second thoughts about the wisdom of posting what I did, especially in the light of Theo's earlier plea for restraint.

I wish you well in your quest for satisfaction on this matter. I think you have been shabbily treated.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Gandy

• Respected Sage
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »

I later received a request from eBay to withdraw the negative feedback which I declined on the grounds that the feedback was accurate.

That shows you touched a nerve !
Tony S

an bosca ceoil

• Respected Sage
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »

I think you will find that these requests are generated automatically if you give Negative or even Neutral feedback in the hope that the dispute can be amicably resolved. Not very likely in this instance?

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »

Anyone who spotted steve freereeder's post early this morning before it was (quite rightly) removed by administration,
Hi Rees,
Actually, I removed it myself - I had second thoughts about the wisdom of posting what I did, especially in the light of Theo's earlier plea for restraint.

I wish you well in your quest for satisfaction on this matter. I think you have been shabbily treated.

Cheers Steve, I'm glad you did post it and I was online early enough to spot it, but in the long run, best removed. It certainly gave me a good laugh.  :D
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2009, 12:41:05 AM »

I missed out, evidently :(
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Morrisbox

• Good talker
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »

I am a great believer in the eBay system which is based on honesty and trust

Well said Rees.  I have dealt with some really pleasant, honest people on ebay, I've bagged some real bargains, some really nice items.  I have also, of course, paid over the odds when I should have known better, or read the lot description a little more closely.  It is a shame that there are the slightly less decent people out there in ebay, but then that is life in general isn't it? 

Ebay is not much different to any other auction - buyer beware, but you can often be very pleasantly surprised (a year or so back I bought a Tommy at a local auction house for very reasonble money, in as new condition, with another Castagnari and one of the nicest Pokerworks I'd ever seen, regret not bidding on those now!). 

Good luck with your dispute Rees, you deserved better

Trevor

Keithypete.

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2009, 03:07:20 PM »

....and again: 160385373747 - ebay item number???
Beltuna Sara II - B/C flavour.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

triskel

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »

...and he's back again:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mengascin-Button-Accordion-B-C_W0QQitemZ160390603044QQcategoryZ16218QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D63

And still having problems deciding what kind of reeds the box he's selling has, I see.  ::) They're listed both as "Tip a Mano reeds" and as "Handmade reeds" in the same description, though in my experience that model only comes with Dural ones (though it does sound very good with them).

Oh, and "todays price  1900 euros" ??? - I'll sell you a new one for 1300...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal