Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Poll

How about a 'play any carol you like' theme for December's tune of the month? For 'carol', read any christmas/seasonal tune or song of course. See 'Suggestions for December's Tune of the Month' thread for details.

Great idea - let's have a carol theme!
- 7 (15.2%)
Great idea - let's have a carol theme *and* a conventional tune of the month as well
- 18 (39.1%)
Great idea - let's have a 'any carol you like' theme, and also a particular carol as Tune of the Month
- 9 (19.6%)
Let's just have Tune of the Month, but make it a carol in December
- 6 (13%)
No, let's keep things as they are in December.
- 6 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: November 08, 2009, 12:33:39 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: December's TOTM - shall we do carols instead of/as well as TOTM?  (Read 3064 times)

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page

What say you good people? I'm canvassing opinion here, so please vote away. This is a 7 day poll which should end about midnight on 8/11/09. If we do decide to do a particular tune for December, there'll be a vote to choose which one at the end of November.

Cheers,

Clive.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Re: Poll: December's TOTM - shall we do carols instead of/as well as TOTM?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:33:06 PM »

I say that much of the success of TOTM has been its sheer focus and feel that more than one TOTM would lose that. I've no problem with December's being a carol - although to me are these are about "accompanying song", so  I'm not to sure how that'd work out.

TOTM is essentially about technique and interpretation ideas - creating music - whereas doing that to a carol would weaken it.  So TOTM - may the best tune win - plus a separate thread for things that work carolling for this old humbugger.

_       _    _      _ 

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »

I'd prefer a winter theme rather than a christmas theme. ;)

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:00:38 AM »

Jolly good. We'll do the theme thing (= carol, christmas no.1, or anything vaguely linked to the season etc) and have a TOTM in December as well. I'll put both carols and normal tunes in the poll, and may the best tune win. Voting on next months TOTM to open around the 23rd (ish)....

Please continue to nominate suitable tunes on the main 'December suggestions thread' rather than here...

Cheers,

Clive

stevejay

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 03:22:46 PM »

It would be a shame not to do a carol, especially since the melodeon does them so well. It's more at home than many other generes of music. Moot p[oint since it will happen ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal