Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I join?  (Read 3150 times)

Susanne

• Respected Sage
Can I join?
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »

Wow, what a delight to find a Tune of the month in this forum!!
I'm somewhat a newbie on the melodeon and I play a G/C 2-row and the organetto (one D, one C). I haven't looked through this board yet, just had to post straight away! Is it possible to join in even if I'm a very inexperienced player? Or would the tunes be too difficult? Are they adapted to any particular tuning?

I just saw this as an excellent opportunity to get some kind of goal with my playing. I'm in this kind of thing at the Mandolin Cafe, which is good fun, although they are ambitious enough to have tune of the week, which is in my opinion too short time to learn a tune.

Sorry if I missed some 'general info'-sticky-post.. I just let the enthusiasm control my keyboard...

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: Can I join?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »

Wow, what a delight to find a Tune of the month in this forum!!
I'm somewhat a newbie on the melodeon and I play a G/C 2-row and the organetto (one D, one C). I haven't looked through this board yet, just had to post straight away! Is it possible to join in even if I'm a very inexperienced player? Or would the tunes be too difficult? Are they adapted to any particular tuning?

I just saw this as an excellent opportunity to get some kind of goal with my playing. I'm in this kind of thing at the Mandolin Cafe, which is good fun, although they are ambitious enough to have tune of the week, which is in my opinion too short time to learn a tune.

Sorry if I missed some 'general info'-sticky-post.. I just let the enthusiasm control my keyboard...

You will be more than welcome!

If you go back to the beginning of the thread you will find the tune in various formats and if you need any more help on that front just post in the thread. You can treat the tune anyway you like, all versions are enjoyed someone, and you may bring something to totally new to the party. We have already had LIDL in a number of keys, atleast on time signature chnage and at various speeds. So give it a go.

Come on in the water's lovely!

Susanne

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »

Hi Lester, and thanks!
I've already started playing the French inconnu thingy. How fun! I bet this will be great practice for the Melodeons and more event that I'm planning on going to next year.
Excuse my ignorance... but what's LIDL (more than a German shop where they have good foreign yoghurts and bad staff politics)??

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »

Excuse my ignorance... but what's LIDL (more than a German shop where they have good foreign yoghurts and bad staff politics)??

LIDL - L'Inconnue de Limoise - just an abbreviation (but also the name of a cheap supermarket chain in the UK - oh I see you knew that bit).

My invention - my fault!

PS Welcome to the world of MAD - Melodeon Attention Disease (not my invention).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 06:38:12 PM by brianread »
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

Susanne

• Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »

Oooooh!! ;D That was simple... or not. :DThanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal