Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video page?  (Read 3593 times)

Dazbo

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Danger MAD Here!
    • My YouTube Channel for melodeons, morris and folk in general
Video page?
« on: February 11, 2008, 09:33:29 AM »

I was mooching around YouTube yesterday and there seem to be quite a few decent melodeon players uploading their stuff.  It got me thinking: I know we have a board for posting video and recordings we've found but this will grow over time and the good stuff that's been posted so far will get "lost" behind all the newer posts that will appear.

So, would it be possible for the really good stuff to be put on a seperate page like the various links to bands/makers etc?  Any videos that takes the fancy of the moderators could be added there as a permanent, easily accessible link? (Audio recordings too)
Ciao Bellow

Darren

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Video page?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »

Interesting idea.  In view of the potentially very large number of clips available on youTube it could be quite a busy job.  Sounds to me like it might need a volunteer moderator? ;)
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Dazbo

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Danger MAD Here!
    • My YouTube Channel for melodeons, morris and folk in general
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:05:39 PM »

Interesting idea.  In view of the potentially very large number of clips available on youTube it could be quite a busy job.  Sounds to me like it might need a volunteer moderator? ;)

I may be interested in Moderator i/c Videos but with my skills with hyperlinks ???
Ciao Bellow

Darren

Alison Scott

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Oakwood, Dino Baffetti, Roma, Liliput, Streb etc.
    • Macadamia
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »

I think the way to do it would be to put links not to individual videos on YouTube, but to the YouTube homepages of people who are known to habitually post melodeon videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal