Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sage Folkworks tune book  (Read 5572 times)

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
Sage Folkworks tune book
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »

I have been trying to get hold of the Sage Folkworks session tune book (or is it books?) and accompanying CD(s), but without any success.  I asked a friend of mine who lives in Newcastle to call in at the Sage at the weekend, but he couldn't find a shop as such and nobody on the information desk knew anything about the book or CD.  Could someone please help?
Many thanks
Steve
Steve from Wakefield

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Sage Folkworks tune book
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:11:49 PM »

They are called The Session Collection, and there are three volumes.

They are published by Folkworks who seem to be keeping a very low profile these days.  Try phoning the sage Music Education Centre (MEC for short)  on 0191 443 4627.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »

Musical help in Newcastle itself can usually be got from Windows (which has nothing to do with any Yankee pretender to the name) music shop, which, if I remember rightly is in Granger Street - up near the Earl Grey (Yes - the tea man!) monument anyway. They're really very good you know!
 ::)
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »

Windows is indeed a good helpful music shop, but I don't think they will be able to help here.  As far as I know Folkworks have never gone for distributing The Session Collection to other retailers.   

The books started out as a resource for Folkworks workshops, and if you go to a Folkworks workout day, or Summer School you will almost certainly find they are available there.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

press on regardless

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »

Hi there,

I got these in October last year. There are 3 tune books each with a CD which has the tunes played individually at a pace slower than a snail on mogadon, then grouped together in their sets played at normal tempo. So they are really excellent for earning. One problem however.

When I ordered mine CD no 2 was out of stock and despite various phone calls and emails I haven't been able to get this. I get the impression this activity is a very tiny part of a huge organisation with a high turnover of staff. So check whats in stock before ordering.

cheers Paul

www.thesagegateshead.org

St Marys Square,
Gateshead Quays,
Gateshead NE8 2JR
0191 443 4666

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »

Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

press on regardless

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:23:47 PM »

Thank you to everyone for their help.  I will follow up the leads you have very kindly given me.
Steve :)
Steve from Wakefield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal