- 3 (4.9%)
Wheatley Trunkles
- 2 (3.3%)
Young Collins
- 2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: January 31, 2010, 11:24:43 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Tune of the Month for February 2010  (Read 3317 times)

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Poll: Tune of the Month for February 2010
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:24:44 PM »

Ok, here's this month's poll for Tune of the Month for February with a selection of tunes chosen in a suitably unpredictable, yet strangely logical, way.

We'll also run Theme of the Month next month... which will be arbitrarily chosen by my good self (no poll!) from the list of nominated themes. The theme for February will be 'Tunes from the playing of Turlough Carolan', as suggested by j w forrest (cheers, great suggestion!). An official 'post your Carolan tunes here' thread will appear 1st Feb along with the new Tune of the Month thread - please wait to post until then if possible so as not to detract from January's TOTM.

[ Oh, and I've made a couple of changes to the house rules for TOTM; one to introduce Theme of the Month, one to politely redirect unofficial TOTM's to the Recordings and Videos forum - see the FAQ ]

Cheers,

Clive

Susanne

• Respected Sage
Re: Poll: Tune of the Month for February 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 10:44:25 PM »

Found it:) So now I need to look for the tunes since I haven't heard of any of those tunes! Or maybe vote for the one with the nicest title...:)

Edited: To my great joy I found a tune they taught at last year's concertina gathering in Sweden, or more correct, one player taught it to another player, but they never had an official workshop. A woooooonderful French schottische!! How nice. I'm going to learn it even if it doesn't win:)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:53:59 PM by Susi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal