Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old grey Paolo Soprani.  (Read 1603 times)

Keithypete.

Old grey Paolo Soprani.
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »

How would people describe the tuning of the box in this you-tube vid? :    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidS5PAPq_g

i.e. The disposition of the reeds - dry, swing etc. - not B/C, C#/D. etc.

Would one of the new Jubilee grey boxes - available as a a fixed III voice, no couplers - sound anything like this?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:08:30 PM by Keithypete. »
Beltuna Sara II - B/C flavour.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

hibbs3

Re: Old grey Paolo Soprani.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »

From a few accounts, I've heard the jubilees are as close as you're gona get to a grey without actually having a real grey.

If you were going to order one, I'm sure you could specify your tuning preference to try to get it as close as possible to Paul Brock's tuning, or what have you.

LDbosca

Re: Old grey Paolo Soprani.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »

They don't sound quite like that when stock tuned, as said I'm sure you could have it tuned like Paul Brock's. I've only played a new gray once but it was quite a nice box, lighter than an original Paolo and with a very good action. Where are you based? It'd be worth your while trying it out before buying one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal