Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could anyone identify what model of a 'Paolo Soprani' button Accordin this is?  (Read 3657 times)

satcong101

• New Starter

Hello, My name is Simon and I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who own's this 'Paolo Soprani' button Accordin.
Could anyone please identify what particular model of a 'Paolo Soprani' button Accordin this is? And maybe what year it was manufactured? We've looked all over, but can't find any identifying marks.

Sorry the pictures aren't of the best quality, it was done quickly with a camera phone to help my friend out.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:04:49 PM by satcong101 »

Lars

That would be a "horseshoe-grille" paolo, made roughly between '57 and '61, if my memory serves me right.

Nice boxes, but not the most popular model, due to the somewhat muffled sound compared to earlier or later models.

satcong101

• New Starter

Thank you very much Lars, that's fantastic news. I'll let my friend the owner of the box know. He's a very good player, but in his late sixties so not very good with the net hence my part.  ;D

Cheers Simon.

boxlad

• Respected Sage
    • Ray Ó Díomasaigh

Here is a three voice version of that accordion with the same style grille in green and in G/G#

http://comhaltas.ie/music/detail/comhaltaslive_287_1_ned_kelly/

satcong101

• New Starter

Thanks boxlad, much appreciated indeed  :||:

Ted

• Good talker

The Paolo Soprani catalog, which was a single data sheet, in the 1960's in Ireland lists this box as a Model 510/1 Professional lV, 23 keys with 8 bass, 4 sets of reeds, 2 couplers in keys of: C/C#, C#/D, D/D#, B/C, G/G#, and D/G. The price was 33 pounds (= $100 USD at that time).
These catalog sheets were available at Walton's in Dublin, Cott's of Kilcock mail order store in Kildare, and other shops.

pgroff

Ted (and all),

Very interesting that all those keys were listed. I'd love to find a G/G# myself, I wonder how common those were.

PG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal