Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imitation & Individuality  (Read 15414 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Imitation & Individuality
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »

I have my own distinctive style that I have nurtured carefully over several years until it is now approaching perfection. It consists of playing any tune I start reasonably the first time through and then falling off the notes the second time through.  :|bl Maybe I should patent it.  ::)
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Noodle

• Louder is better, right?
  • Regular debater
  • Occasionally actually helpful
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2012, 04:05:05 AM »

Sounds like me, except I like to fall off on the first pass through and hope no one heard.
Nottingham, UK.

Hohners: HA114 (C), HA114 (G)*, Liliput (C/F), Preciosa (C/F)*, 1040 (G), Imperial. Dino Baffetti Binci III (D/G), Self-made Pariselle 2.6 (G/C), Soberano (C/F), Nopka garmoshka (F#)*.

One day I'll get really good, like those really good players. One day.
*to be fixed

george garside

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »

Sounds like me, except I like to fall off on the first pass through and hope no one heard.

I consider the art of camouflage (a device or expedient designed to conceal or decieve) to be an essential part of my style for when the above mentioned eventualities occur!

george ;D
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »

"Like".

Chris.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal