Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too old to learn?  (Read 14649 times)

george garside

Re: Too old to learn?
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 02:47:07 PM »

most of my students have been top side of 50  and the oldest was 80.  Age is not particularly important  - enthusiasm is and this seems to be greater amongst the more mature , perhaps because they are realising a lifelong ambition to play an instrument and probably because teh art  perseverence is more finely honed!

george ;)
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »

..... and I often require nerves of steel in my day job ....

You will have to tell us or we will all think you are a intenational woman of mystery, spy, assassin, steeplejack, teacher   ::)

Alison Scott

• Mods and volunteers
  • Respected Sage
  • Oakwood, Dino Baffetti, Roma, Liliput, Streb etc.
    • Macadamia
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »

You will have to tell us or we will all think you are a intenational woman of mystery, spy, assassin, steeplejack, teacher   ::)

All of the above natch. Actually much duller than any of those things; civil servant.

zubz

• Respected Sage
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »

All of the above natch. Actually much duller than any of those things; civil servant.

Hmmm ... a certain civil servant managed (some would say "against the odds") to reach the semi-final of Britain's Got Talent. Is it compulsory training for you all to "stand in" for Madonna?! Now that WOULD need, ahem, nerves of steel.  >:E

GbH

• GbH Online
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »

Hmmm ... a certain civil servant managed (some would say "against the odds") to reach the semi-final of Britain's Got Talent. Is it compulsory training for you all to "stand in" for Madonna?!

Absolutely no!  The Britain's Got Talent thing was very much a one-off and entirely misrepresentative.  As a civil servant myself, I can confirm there is no such training available to us at all.  In truth, we're actually a group of normal and dull people who would never dream of making an exhibition of themselves in public.
"You sir, are mad as an omelette on a bicycle! " - C Williams

zubz

• Respected Sage
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2010, 07:25:07 PM »

Hmmm ... a certain civil servant managed (some would say "against the odds") to reach the semi-final of Britain's Got Talent. Is it compulsory training for you all to "stand in" for Madonna?!

Absolutely no!  The Britain's Got Talent thing was very much a one-off and entirely misrepresentative.  As a civil servant myself, I can confirm there is no such training available to us at all.  In truth, we're actually a group of normal and dull people who would never dream of making an exhibition of themselves in public.

Gadzooks! He doth protest too much methinks!

GbH

• GbH Online
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 11:37:23 PM »

Gadzooks! He doth protest too much methinks!

Protest too much?  Surely you're not suggesting that the formality of my pinstripes and bowler might just be concealing evidence of just such eccentric behaviour?
"You sir, are mad as an omelette on a bicycle! " - C Williams
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal