Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial Section  (Read 2892 times)

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
Tutorial Section
« on: March 10, 2010, 08:58:01 AM »

I know someone mentioned it having a tutorial section for beginners (perhaps sub forum in teaching and learning)?

edit found the quote

Talking of learning and beginners - I wonder if TOTM (or another part of melnet) could develop a sort of "tutorial" branch - Chris Ryall posted a few videos illustrating fragments of possible ways of playing last month's tune, and the discussion that follows TOTM postings is educational, but I'm just speculating on the possibility of a more structured approach to that side of things, in its own thread. Just a thought...

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:34:13 AM by ladydetemps »

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
Re: Tutorial Section
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:30:49 AM »

I know someone mentioned it having a tutorial section for beginners (perhaps sub forum in teaching and learning)?
What do you have in mind, Sarah? How would you see it operating differently from the way in which Teaching and Learning is already set up?
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Tutorial Section
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »

Seems to me like a good use for the  T & L forum,  if we start to get more material than can easily be accommodated there then there are various options such as Steve's suggestion of a subforum, or a separate forum that we can easily look at.

I don't think its a technical question so much as finding people who are prepared to put in the time to create the tutorials.  It can be a time consuming process to produce good tutorials, and there is no point having the other sort!
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal