Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "La Bottine Souriante"  (Read 4254 times)

juker

• Hohner 2 row G/C and C/F,
    • Julie's Art'nAll
"La Bottine Souriante"
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:33:46 AM »

I am interested in buying a CD called 'La Mistine' by La Bottine Souriante, a Canadian group. I have tried to buy one from Amazon and ebay and, while they advertise that there is one for sale, after I have ordered I have been informed that there are in fact no longer any of these particular CD's in stock. Does anyone know of a shop or supplier who might have a copy of this CD for sale. The album was released at the end of 2008 (I think). I also asked about buying a copy through the Last.fm website but they didn't have any either! Any ideas? Thanks  (:)
I don't get 'jigs'

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Re: "La Bottine Souriante"
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:46:09 AM »

I am interested in buying a CD called 'La Mistine' by La Bottine Souriante, a Canadian group. I have tried to buy one from Amazon and ebay and, while they advertise that there is one for sale, after I have ordered I have been informed that there are in fact no longer any of these particular CD's in stock. Does anyone know of a shop or supplier who might have a copy of this CD for sale. The album was released at the end of 2008 (I think). I also asked about buying a copy through the Last.fm website but they didn't have any either! Any ideas? Thanks  (:)

You could try here: http://www.trentesouszero.com/ - a great shop for all Quebec music. Unfortunately, there's no online ordering/credit card handling, so you'll have to contact them by phone I expect.

Cheers,

Clive

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »

You could try here: http://www.trentesouszero.com/ - a great shop for all Quebec music. Unfortunately, there's no online ordering/credit card handling, so you'll have to contact them by phone I expect.

Cheers,

Clive

Oops. Even their website says 'out of stock' on that disc.

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »

Two sellers list this via Amazon UK. Might be worth following up.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:00:46 AM by Bill Young »

juker

• Hohner 2 row G/C and C/F,
    • Julie's Art'nAll
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »

Thanks, much appreciated  (:)
I don't get 'jigs'

Fidjit

• my space on My Space
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »

Yeh they are good. I have two of theirs. La Traversee de l'Atlantique and Je Voudrais Changer. Both very good.

nfldbox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »

If don't know exactly why you want it but you might try Anthologie, which is still available and captures a lot of the best of the earlier stuff. However, amazon.ca still has La Mistrine for sale as well. It says "Frn" and that it usually ships between one and two months which makes me think it is coming from a French distributor, which must make some sense to someone.
And as to "very good" I personally would say "world-changing." I had always loved Quebec music and then some time in the early eighties I heard La Bottine. They just overwhelmed me.
BC Cairdin
BC Hohner Double Ray
Bouchard en Ré

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 04:57:20 PM »

Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18

nfldbox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »

Yes to old vs new and particularly Lambert
BC Cairdin
BC Hohner Double Ray
Bouchard en Ré

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »

Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 07:10:10 PM »

Yes, but the music resembles what the "new" Bottine is doing! Excellent music nevertheless.
Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal