Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 row 12 Bass  (Read 2652 times)

melodeon

2 row 12 Bass
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:29:50 PM »

Anyone have a bass chart/layout/schematic for a 12 bass G/C  system... not the Trikitixa unisonoric,.

Thanks.

melodeon

Re: 2 row 12 Bass
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:56:37 PM »

How about a   2 row D/G  schematic for a 12 bass set up.

Thanks

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »

Most 12-bass systems seem to go with boxes having 2 1/2 rows or more. I am not sure if the extra 4 bass buttons would be very helpful with a plain 2-row G/C set-up! The usual 2-row treble, 8-bass configuration seem to work well.

I could understand using a 12-bass side with a semi-tone box,  but I am not an expert...
Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18

ganderbox

• Melodeons from Brittany, Italy, Germany* and Leeds
    • www.choughedtobits.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »

There are some  "extra" basses which are useful with either a 2 or 2.5 row.
For a D/G box, you can have one with a G on the pull and an A on the push. Makes playing in D and A much easier.
An F natural on the pull is also useful for playing in A minor or F, but of course if you have a 2 row which doesn't have the F nat in both octaves on the treble side your ability to play in these keys is a bit limited. You can pair this with an F# (or F# minor as you often get) which gives you the opportunity for some nice bass runs, and you will end up with a bass button for every note in the scale of G so you can play tunes on the basses!
Incidentally, according to the keyboard layouts page on this site, this is the standard Saltarelle configuration for 2.5 rows.   
Pauline from Cornwall

*  including a customised Hohner Club from Cornwall (and very nice it is too!).

Mike Averill

• suffering from MAD
  • Respected Sage
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »

I find the standard 12 bass layout as found on the Hohner Corona III pretty usefull even when playing only on the inner two rows. When I play  two rows 8 bass boxes I frequently find the bass fingers playing wood where the extra basses should be so they must be useful.
Hohner - 1 row 4 stop C and G, pokerwork DG, DoubleRay DC#, Corso CC#, Corona III ADG, CLUB X CF, Elysium II CF
Saltarelle 1 row 4 stop D, Castagnari Giordy DG, Sander DG
Sonola CC#, Walters DC#

**DTN**

• Derek The Nutter
  • Respected Sage
  • Derek The Nutter
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08:30 PM »

Saul Rose / Derek Tarrant layout
Good for Gm Dm on DG melodeon!

Derek
All the gear and no idea! .... DTN   "Hampshire UK"

JimJ

• Good talker
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 07:36:03 AM »

Hi all,

I am totally new to all of this and I have a question. In the beginners section on the home page
there is talk about which left hand buttons go with what.  It is suggested that two pair of buttons go
with the inside row of melody buttons, and the other two pair go with the outer row. BUT the pair that
goes with the outside row, will not sound as good as the pair that goes with the inside row.

Wouldn't that seem to indicate that there are some other notes somewhere that could be added
to the left hand that would go as well with the outside row as the current ones do with the inside row?
If that is the case then 4 extra base buttons might actually help. If not, please explain --- thanks --- JimJ

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »

I think I'll leave this to Chris to explain...
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

ganderbox

• Melodeons from Brittany, Italy, Germany* and Leeds
    • www.choughedtobits.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »

Wouldn't that seem to indicate that there are some other notes somewhere that could be added
to the left hand that would go as well with the outside row as the current ones do with the inside row?
If that is the case then 4 extra base buttons might actually help. If not, please explain --- thanks --- JimJ

Yes, there are. If we talk about a D/G, then the bass that you miss most on the outside row is a G on the pull, and you can have one of these on your extra basses.
See my previous post in this thread for other extras which help with a 2 row.
Pauline from Cornwall

*  including a customised Hohner Club from Cornwall (and very nice it is too!).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal